android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Default Editing tags once music is on your zen

I have some trouble updating mp3 tags on my zen... and i've got a feeling i'm missing some obvious solution here...

i use mp3tag to sort out my tags before copying the mp3s to the zen.

when using the zen i then see the inevitable spelling mistakes etc that i want to correct.

i could correct the mp3s on my computer and then copy them over again but where the artist name or track title is updated i would then be left with a load of duplicates on the zen because the file names are always artist - title.

i've tried updating the files directly on the zen using media explorer which is not ideal... if you make any edit to the file name through media explorer it automatically updates the track title in the tag to whatever the full file name is (in my case artist - title) and it is a nightmare to use anyway.

i've tried making my changes to the mp3's on my computer using mp3tag then deleting all the tracks from my zen and copying all the tracks over again... despite taking ages this solves the update problem but presents me with a load of new ones in that i have to sort all the album art out again and all tracks in all my playlists dissapear.

any ideas how this process can be made easier?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]