Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Default Creative Zen 32GB

Just joined and I had to take back my ipod 80GB classic as it's sound quality was a disgrace due to the EU volume cap.
I am thinking of buying the creative zen 32GB due also to its light weight. My questions are:
1. I am in the UK and wonder whether this Zen has also been aflicted by the low sound quality? I do have the option of asking a friend who is currently in USA of buying one for me there if necessary. Only concern with doing that is that if there is a problem it not so easy to take back the player.
2. Alternatively if there is a volume cap for the EU models and I bought one over here in UK, is there a patch or software/hack to get rid of the cap?
3. Also, I have my current library of music mainly in itunes with a only a few in windows media player. I know the Zen says it supports itunes but I have read some problems with the use of itunes with the Zen on this forum. Therefore is it possible and the best option to convert all itunes music to windows media player? Is it easy? I have only two albums bought from the itunes store.
5. I also understand that the Zen has it's own software music library system. Is it MP3 or something else and is it any good?

I hope an expert on here can help me make my decision

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]