android
Old 08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned

Arrow Right How scratch-prone is it?

Well, I have just received my Zen X-Fi and have been loving and hating it. Some things, unfortunately, were way easier and more intuitive on the iPod. Anyways, I purchased the silicone case, but found it too be too cumbersome and the keys took a lot more force to press. I decided to try it out without the silicone skin but have been quite resitant to put it in my pocket and such. How scratch prone have you found the Zen X-Fi to be? I usually put my MP3 players in the same pocket at my cell phone, knowing that anything put together with keys is asking for it.

PS - I do have a screen protector installed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-10-2008, 06:47 PM

I haven't had any scratch problems with mine. I've kept it in my pocket with change and sometimes a pocket knife with a metal clip on it. The only thing annoying so far is the fingerprints.

Also, I've dropped it 5 times (call me Mr. Butterfingers), including once on a wood floor and once on gravel. Definetely a sturdy player.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned

Yeah, I agree. I have been using it for almost a week now and haven't found any scratches on it. I do recommend the Creative Screen protector though. Anything that won't add bulk and protects the player is a good investment to me. I guess I will be returning the silicone case I got, it's just too chunky and the keys take a lot more effort to be pressed for my taste.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

I am about to buy ZEN original 16gb, would anyone be knowing how ghood a screen THAT player has?

besides, i cannot find the *new thread* button shown in the FAQ, where is it located?
please help.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mysterious View Post
I am about to buy ZEN original 16gb, would anyone be knowing how ghood a screen THAT player has?

besides, i cannot find the *new thread* button shown in the FAQ, where is it located?
please help.
Screen is GREAT on the Zen - just be sure to get a screen protector OR the clear case to keep it scratch free - it's a magnet for that.
And, if I'm correct, you can't start a new thread in the FAQ thread.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned

by faq, i meant the the directions shown in the faq section lawl
anyway thanks for the help.