android
Old 08-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Default Took it apart, can't put it back together.

The part i'm stuck on is getting the ribbon cable from the wheel back into the connector. It's so tight that there isn't any room to get enough of a grip to push it back in. Can anyone who's done this tell me how they did it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM

I faced the same problem. I disconnected the other end of the ribbon cable attached to the scroll wheel from the front panel. Lift that black film and remove the two screws paying attention to how they are situated so you know how to replace them. Plug the cable back into the board then reassemble. It is more work but easier in the long run.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks. I tried that but then I couldn't see where I would have clearance to screw the wheel assembly back on.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:29 PM

What ended up happening is that I damaged the flex connector by trying to get it back in too many times. Luckily I found a broken Fuze on ebay and being very, very careful I was able to get that one in and working. Geez.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:29 PM

Why did you take it apart?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3Man View Post
why not?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

can't say i feel bad...no need to take it apart unless it's already broken...if you're that curious, find a broken one on ebay and dick around with that one, no point in screwing up a working device unless you 100% know what your doing

Old 08-21-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
if you're that curious, find a broken one on ebay and dick around with that one
even better, just click the link to the one EnzoTen already tore into!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

that also works...either way, it's dumb to rip one open that is perfectly fine if you don't know what you're getting yourself into

Old 08-21-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
can't say i feel bad...no need to take it apart unless it's already broken...if you're that curious, find a broken one on ebay and dick around with that one, no point in screwing up a working device unless you 100% know what your doing
Hey, nice job making wrong assumptions. I did have a good reason to take it apart.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

well if you had a good reason to take it apart and it wasn't spur of the moment, then you should have had the foresight to know the procedure and what to do to get it back together then huh?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
well if you had a good reason to take it apart and it wasn't spur of the moment, then you should have had the foresight to know the procedure and what to do to get it back together then huh?
Oh really, and how would I have gotten that information? The tutorials on the web about taking it apart mentioned nothing about any difficulty in putting it back together, so your argument makes no sense and is based on nothing, just like your assumption that I had no reason to take it apart was based on nothing.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM

now now. we all know that one takes apart something that can be fixed or else one would not break it in the first place. that said, if its not broke then no fixxy. and in the words of my former professor when asked how to do something, do it 'very carefully'
Sandisk Sansa Clip (2gb) [given to lil bro]

Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3Man View Post
It had become kind of beat up over the four months that i'd owned it and I kind of regretted not using a case for it. I decided to buy a shiny new red 4GB and swap the innards so i'd have a red 8GB, for which I have bought a crystal case.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM

I skimmed this thread with my Sansa Fuze 4gb apart desperately trying to put it back together after my friend accidentally left it in his pocket and it went through the washer and dryer......

I took the motherboard/screen/click wheel out and cleaned the boards with alcohol and let it dry.......Little did I know that the hardest part was yet to come.......

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to connect both butterfly connectors when there was practically no room for tools or anything to push the one for the click wheel in

The way I did it was by taking the screen out of the front side of the case. This way I could connect the screen connector and then lay the screen on the board where it should go. With the screen separate, I was able to connect the click wheel connector using a tiny screw driver to push it in......then I laid the front case(with the click wheel in) over the screen and used a tiny screw driver to push in a couple stubborn tabs......It booted right up

Hope this helps. BTW I'm 14

Old 05-10-2009, 10:20 PM

This has nothing to do with this but, since some of you guys took it apart have any of you figured out what makes the clicking noise when u press the buttons? like FF>> RW>> and play etc. I've been wanting to open mine up, but like sumx said no point in taken apart a perfectly working one if I don't know w hat I'm doing :P. Anyone figure out how to stop the click ?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
This has nothing to do with this but, since some of you guys took it apart have any of you figured out what makes the clicking noise when u press the buttons? like FF>> RW>> and play etc. I've been wanting to open mine up, but like sumx said no point in taken apart a perfectly working one if I don't know w hat I'm doing :P. Anyone figure out how to stop the click ?
How do you hear that with your earphones on? It's pretty quiet, at least mine is

Old 05-11-2009, 12:15 PM

The pushbutton switches are made of thin,springy metal domes. When you click them, the top of the dome collapses, then springs back making the clicking noise. The only alternative is to do some tricky,expert soldering and replace the dome switches. Finding these switches quiet and strong enough to click back wont be an easy task, either.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:27 AM

The only place you're likely to find them is in another Fuze...