android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2008, 01:42 AM

Default zen frozen, wont turn off, stuck in dock, failed file transfer

okay so i just got a Zen 4gb today. i let it charge for a few hours and its got a full battyer now. i haven't installed the built-in software yet, i just connected it with the small USB cable and tossed a few mp3's to the music directory and tried it out for a while. it works great and im super happy. i turn it of for about five hours and do other things.

now a few minutes ago i plugged it back into my computer with the USB cable while it was off and it turned on in "Docked" mode with the turning arrows on the screen. i dragged ~600 MB of mp3's to the music folder like before, but this time the copying window stopped making progress after a while. it was stuck on a greenday mp3 and after ignoring the problem for about ten minutes to see if it would go away i hit the cancel button on the file copy window. I figured i would just have to do the file transfer again but instead the device disappeared from My Computer and the Zen is not responding at all. I can't turn it off. I have unplugged it from the USB and then plugged it back in to see if windows will redetect it and I can try the transfer again but nothing is happening.

Help guys did I break my new toy on the first day?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]