android
Old 08-16-2008, 08:01 PM

Default Firmware problem - Solved

Recently my player gives me the 'Recovery mode' screen when I start it up, and tells me there's a firmware problem. Now Unfortunately, I recently Wiped my HardDrive, and reinstalled windows XP. I then went to install creative MediaSource 5, and found to my astonishment that I couldn't find the disk that came with my player, so I pranced off to the creative site to download it, and when installing it basically tells me "Your player is not connected tot he computer please connect it." I do so, and it once again gives me this message. I figure it doesn't see the player because it doesn't have the proper firmware on it, but I can't put it on without MediaSource, and I can't install MediaSource without the firmware. . . . and you see the issue yeah? So I was wondering if anyone could help me out here, if not, whatever =( Nam. (Oh just to give you some more info, I have a Creative Zen V 8GB) EDIT: Well Cruising around the creative support area, I found the 'Creative mp3 player recovery tool' I'm Downloading it and gonna try it, I'll hit you with the results as soon as I'm done. =) It worked ^^ Now to go and find all my music again D= Shame I lost it all =/ Thanks for anyone who takes a look at this =)

Last edited by Namrorrim; 08-16-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello Namrorrim. Welcome. Good to hear you got it all working correctly. Good job!

Zen FAQ

Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 AM

Hi Bobby

Congratulation for your support

I‘ve the same problem but I my case I can’t communicate to the computer. I tried “MP3 Player Recovery Tool” from Creative but the computer USB don’t recognize. The MTP show the message “firmware problem”. Is my Zen dead? What can I do?