USB Device not recognized! Zen vision M : 30GB
hi everyone, 1st post
I have had my zen vision m 30gb since last october and had no problems up until a few months ago when i began getting usb power surge messages and having general difficulties *only* after reformatting my old pc.
Since then I have put together a new pc and after reformatting with the same version of windows as my previous pc began to get usb power surge messages. During this time when docked my player knew it was docked and showed the docked icon in the battery meter ... and throughout all this time the player itself is fine and is charging from the mains no issues. However since then these usb power surge messages have changed to "USB Device not recognised" messages. When I now plug the player in it wakes up/turns on but doesn't show the docked icon. Windows shows it in Device Manager under "Universal Serial Bus" as an "Unknown Device" and it won't charge through usb either. I have tried numerous things and am now tearing my hair out as I go on holiday in 3 weeks and at this rate won't be able to put any new music/films on my player . All accessories are official creative also. Ofc because it is not recognized by device manager Creative Explorer simply says the player isn't connected when it is ...
Things I've tried:
1, Run Windows update and got all the latest updates (I'm using XP Professional SP3 btw)
2. Rolled back from WMP 11 to WMP 10.
Reinstalled Creative software
3. Installed various hotfixes with no luck
4. Kept the mains charging the player when it's in my PC
5. Tried the player in different USB ports, directly into the mobo, other stuff works in the usb ports
6. Tried a .zip dos program which does something to do with device manager/zen vision m with no luck
7. Uninstalled the driver in device manager, rebooted, reconnected - no luck
8. Tried to roll back driver, windows says there has never been a driver installed
9. Tried it in the PC downstairs running Vista Home Premium 32 bit and got the same USB device not recognized error
10. Bought a new cable off ebay which should be here tomorrow to check it isn't the cable.
11. Installed latest chipset drivers
12. Uninstalled Alcohol 120% and the SPTD (or similar) file from system 32
13. Checked out the sticky @ the top relating to this. Windows just says that when I "Update driver" that no drivers better than what are already installed were found. I have had a read through the sticky and can't seem to find anything to remedy my problemo.
Can't think of anything else atm ..
I will format my old pc with SP2 tomorrow and see if within Sp3 lies the problem ...
Any other suggestions please? I am at wits end as to what to do ...
Last edited by Mitch92uK; 08-18-2008 at 10:55 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.