android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Default Recognized by Windows but not Explorer

I have a Vision M 30gb that is recognized by Windows, in device manager and by the pop up when docked but not by any other software.

My set up is as follows:
XP sp2
WMP10 (rolled back because WMP11 caused other issues)
Creative Explorer for the M plus, Micro, Micro Photo and Zen Plus (we like Creative Players)
I've unisnstalled and re-installed the Explorer for the M and it worked the same either way.
Firmware version 1.61.......

I've tried various solutions on this forum and others including editing the registry permissions, clean up and re-format etc.
When I plug the Vision in as a removable disk it is recognized by all programs and is accessable, as a test I copied data to and from by as a player it's not recognized by WMP, Creative explorer or Windows explorer or the Creative MP3 Recovery program.
When plugged (USB) in the player turns on and shows as docked and will recharge.
It did play the limited amount of music on it before I formatted it but I thought maybe there was something buggy on the player.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

It's not under warrenty or anything and I'm not afraid to open it but if there'sa asetup solution I'd prefer that first.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]