android
Old 08-18-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Upgraded to Zen Vision:M

I've got a Vision:M on the way and it should be here tomorrow. I'm upgrading from (don't laugh) a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB.

I've actually had no problems with my mp3 player and it is still working faithfully. I got it back in the Spring of 2004. I only upgraded in the thinking that it might crash on me someday soon being old and I didn't want to be w/o and lose any music, etc.

1.) What should I expect in differences between my dino and the new player? I don't really plan to put video or pics on it much or at all. It will solely be used for an mp3 player.

2.) Will it be completely different as far as file structures and organizing?

3.) Should I remove any of my Creative media software from my computer prior to using the new Zen?

4.) Can I use the two in conjunction and transfer music from one to the other?

5.) Will the chargers/USB cables, etc. be compatible?

* I am currently running Windows XP, SP2.
* I am currently running Windows Media Player 10.

Suggestions for starting out new.....

Thanks,

Don

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 AM

The new player is certainly smaller and easier to put in pockets for example. I havnt used the controls or UI on a jukebox, but if its anything like the old touch or micro players, it follows the same easy-to-use interface, just with a nicer coulour scheme (on the great LCD).
One of the best things about the ZVM i think is that its a MTP device, so you dont even need driver software to start. I just took it out the box, plugged it in, and went 'Copy - My Music', then went on 'Zen' in my computer and went 'Paste', wait half an hour and all my 2000 tracks are sitting there sorted and filed for me .
There isnt any need to be using the old creative software suit, but keep it till you have it just in case it comes in useful.
Im sure you could use both in conjuction, as long as you have more than 1 USB 2.0 port, but i dont think there is a way with the M30gb that you can transfer files direct from your jukebox.
Everything will be compatible with XP SP2, although i havnt tried to use mine with WMP10, however, if it doesnt work with 10, you can install 11 for free from microsoft and that works fine.
So you can transfer files either with the creative media source (great software IMO) which is included, or you can use WMP via the sync tool (just as easy), or do what i did, and simply drag and drop the files .
Hope this helps.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM

That helps out to know where to start.

I never could get why the Nomad Jukebox ZE wouldn't allow you to drag&drop from the player to the PC w/o using the Media Organizer software. If the ZVM allows that - I'm going to love the ease not having to use specific software to get the new Zen loaded.

If anyone has more input and experience w/both the Jukebox ZE and the ZVM, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

DK

Old 08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You are going to be totally in LOVE with it. I love mine and the video is the bomb. Have watched many a movie on it & can carry most of my music library.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachop94 View Post
You are going to be totally in LOVE with it. I love mine and the video is the bomb. Have watched many a movie on it & can carry most of my music library.
I think certainly more lovable than the Ipod

Old 08-23-2008, 09:24 AM

I drag and drop all the time. A whole new world just opened for you, enjoy the future

Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 PM

Received the ZVM a couple of days back. I like what I see so far. I have not had a chance to load anything on it yet. The person I purchased it from had a little music on it already and I played around on it some.

Definitely different from the old Nomad Jukebox. Some good and some bad. The new touchpad will take some getting used to.

I'm going through my mp3's right now organizing them. I've collected so much music and did it in such disarray...I've got quite a mess of music to sort out.

DK

Old 08-25-2008, 11:53 PM

Touchpad learning curve goes quick. You can change the sensitivity until you get to wizard status. Got the same problem with music, Media Monkey helped when I got to 150g.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm not quite @ 150GB, but I'm bumping 100.

Off Topic: Where in W. Michigan you located? I used to live in Hart for a short time and then South Haven for a while. Beautiful places in the Summer and Fall.

DK