android
Old 08-20-2008, 12:08 AM

Default Accessories

What accessories do you have for your Zen X-fi?

I currently have none, and I've heard whispers that i'd be a fool not to get the scratch protection on my player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM

I have a silicon case and screen protector

Thats about it

Old 08-22-2008, 04:25 PM

silicon case and screen protector are a must. the silicon case is nice, thinner than my samsung dlo skin, but still fits the x-fi perfectly, the face buttons are also a bit softer to press after you put it on.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfektSound View Post
silicon case and screen protector are a must. the silicon case is nice, thinner than my samsung dlo skin, but still fits the x-fi perfectly, the face buttons are also a bit softer to press after you put it on.
I was looking into to getting both of those. I don't want my screen to end up getting scratched, and the silicon should prevent fingerprints (gag).

But I have a question; there aren't too many pictures of the silicon case online, so based on owning one, do you think it takes away from the X-Fi's sleek look?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
I was looking into to getting both of those. I don't want my screen to end up getting scratched, and the silicon should prevent fingerprints (gag).

But I have a question; there aren't too many pictures of the silicon case online, so based on owning one, do you think it takes away from the X-Fi's sleek look?
Not really the silicon is quite thin .

I don't think people will go around showing the world how sleeky it is.Normally you put the player in the pocket so its nothing major.

You can choose between having it scratched or enjoy the sleeky expose look

Old 08-22-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salami View Post
Not really the silicon is quite thin .

I don't think people will go around showing the world how sleeky it is.Normally you put the player in the pocket so its nothing major.

You can choose between having it scratched or enjoy the sleeky expose look

Yeah, my mind is pretty much made up to get both.

Now if amazon.com would get them in....:/

Old 08-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Banned

well depends, since zen x-fi has a plastic body too, maybe a silicon skin hides that plasticy feel when you or someone else holds it.

also, the rim which also is plastic and has a metal paint, I don't think will keep the paint on it for too long, so it might even make it look ugly at the same time.

As for accessories, I have a pack of screen protectors and leather case.
And maybe a silicon pack too......although i'm not sure if it is included in the package I recently ordered.

Peace.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned

the package that i have ordered from singapore, has a zen x-fi 16gb,ep-830 free adapter and a free 2gb sdhc card, screen protector and leather cover (paid).
total cost came out to be 370 SGD.

So I guess I dont need anymore accessories

What I wanted to know was, how much space does one movie (say originally in DivX format, 700mb) after conversion take?

Peace >-

Old 08-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

When I had my X-Fi player, I ordered the armband, silicone case, and screen protectors. The armband worked pretty well. The screen protectors were actually really good also. The silicone case, however, was horrible as it required a lot more efforts to depress the buttons and made the hold switch basically inaccessible. Because of the X-Fi's inability to turn the LCD off when playing music and idling without being on HOLD, I resorted to not using the silicone case at all as I would always be messing with the HOLD switch.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post

The case fits the player like a glove, and is pretty thin, so it doesn't add any additional bulk. Of course it's not shiney anymore, but the look is just as sleek. The face buttons also have an aluminum top over the silicon, so the silicon doesnt wear out when you're using your fingernail to press the buttons. Overall it's a pretty good value since it was only 12 bucks from creative (amazon didnt have it yet). The creative screen protector is also pretty nice, and you get 3 of them in the package. Both these are must haves for this player IMO, since I hate having to always clean fingerprints off the black finish of electronics like these, and of course no scratches.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

I always end up giving up on cases. I feel that it takes away from one of the most appealing features of a device, it's slimness. After the first couple of scratches, I usually stop caring anyways. :P

Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 AM

I own the leather case and it keeps it protected and looks pretty nice. It's a bit awkward with the hold switch when the case is on (not too awkward though). If the hole for the hold switch was a little bigger it would be perfect, a little hard to switch on and off in the dark as it is. I've dropped players like the ZVM before and wont take that risk again, even though like akarol said I do find it more appealing without cases.

Last edited by jdparkin; 08-25-2008 at 05:33 AM.