android
Old 08-22-2008, 02:14 PM

Default So....new ipod coming out sept 5th?

I'm just joking, :P I love my new 32 GB X-FI.

Has anyone ever had any experiences with Zen's (or other mp3 players) that made them maybe think a little aout getting an ipod?

I used to have an Iriver U10. After that I seriously thought about an ipod, but then I found the Creative Zen V Plus...

thus began my Creative Zen saga....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Banned

Honestly, I went from the iPod Nano 2G to the X-Fi and almost went back to the iPod. Thank God I discovered the Cowon D2 before doing so. Can't even compare it to the X-Fi. Not even close.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:00 PM

My 32gb X-fi does everything I want it too, and I have had no problems. It's taking a little bit to get use too, since I had a Samsung Z5 for so long and I'm comparing everything on the X-fi to how that player worked.

The Ipods subpar sound quality has kept me away for years, that and they're overpriced.

Cowon stuff is priced pretty well, but their players look cheap and their firmware isn't the greatest. Maybe the D3 can break that trend. Even still the 16gb D2 was like 218$ on amazon the same day I ordered the X-Fi for 250, at double the space that was no contest.

Overall the 32gb x-fi is the best value right now for what you get IMO, and it's a pretty stable player besides a few lockups that will be fixed through firmware updates.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
Honestly, I went from the iPod Nano 2G to the X-Fi and almost went back to the iPod. Thank God I discovered the Cowon D2 before doing so. Can't even compare it to the X-Fi. Not even close.
Ok, good for you. Go talk on the Cowon boards then. If you think you can convince people to take back our X-fi's and buy a Cowon, you're wrong.

In fact, I'll probably never buy a Cowon product because of how much you've been sucking that players (explitive).

--

That said, I've owned 3 mp3 players in my life, and only had one bad experience. That bad experience was with my first mp3 player, an Ipod Nano. Like everyone at some point, I just thought Ipod was the way to go (at least, my parents did when they got me it for X-mas). The very first time I listened to a song, I shit you not, the left headphone bud thingy broke, never to work again. The supplied headphones lasted all but 5 seconds.

My next huge complaint is how much the darn thing froze. Constant freezing, especially after uploading new music. So, after around 5 months of that crappy thing, I explored other options, and found the ZVM to be the best.

/life story.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post

Lol not another OMG D2 owns everything... post.

I find the creative sound quality alot better than cowon

Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 AM

Cowon doesn't rule everything but Creative's SQ isn't even close, come on really? Thats like comparing Ipod's Video to the X-fi, lets not get crazy.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:42 AM

Well, if I remember correct, EnzoTen once posted that he thought the X-fi's audio quality (with x-fi turned off) was slightly better than the D2's quality. And he knows what he's talking about. Have you tried and compared the X-fi yourself?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM

No just the Zen (a little different true). But EnzoTen also said Quote-"But in short, no it doenst compare to BBE."

Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Change the topic title please, i get its a joke but its not descriptive

Old 08-23-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salami View Post
Lol not another OMG D2 owns everything... post.

I find the creative sound quality alot better than cowon
If you like a real flat, nonEQ sound, Creative ZEN or X-Fi is exactly better than a Cowon. I do not want a Dj inside of my player. I want real NonEQd sound when I choose that option.

Creative ZEN:

Cowon D2:

Source: Cnet