android
Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 AM

Default nothing in mtp device

Something weird happened today. I put on about 4gb worth of songs on my x-fi today, and it was working fine. then all of a sudden, winamp stopped recognizing it. I tried to see whats up, so I decided to try to go to x-fi through explorer, and it does show up in my computers. however, when i go into 'storage media' there is nothing there o.O. I go into properties, and it shows that 6GB is being used, but in the folder/drive itself, it shows nothing. When I unplug the x-fi, it works normally, and all the songs are there too.
Any way to fix this issue (basicly, show the songs again in explorer) without having to format my x-fi for the 100th time? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Bump.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:37 PM

thanks for the bump xD.
amazingly enough, I found the solution. First off ill explain the problem in depth. basicly when I went into my x-fi through explorer(my computer), it showed as though there was no files on the player, however I had a lot of items on the player. Also When I try to use a music manager such as WinAmp or QMP, the portable device shows for a split second, then disappears.
To fix the problem, i did a few things, but i'm sure the last thing I did fixed it.
I booted the x-fi into recovery mode, then I erased the firmware and reinstalled it.
when I plugged it in the PC, everything showed up again. yay.

EDIT:
NVM i'm still having problems. the first thing i noticed was that, winamp recognized the mp3 player, but it shows there is no songs. I was like WTF so i go look in the mtp device through explorer, and found that all the folders were there. then I noticed that there was 2 'music' folders. one was empty, and one had all my songs in them. I assumed that winamp was looking at the empty folder, thus thinking there are no songs. I couldn't delete this folder due to gay mtp device errors, so I moved the other music folder inside the empty one and everything worked fine.
But after putting new songs on something weird happened; the music folder with all my songs in the disappeared, and only the songs I put in showed up. the other songs are obviously still present in my mp3 player, just not showing. I'll try reinstalling the firmware again to see if it fixes.

Last edited by kennypu; 07-05-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:30 PM

They should make VLC compatible with x-fi too! lol

By the way, if the problem was internal (related to your pc) to begin with, how was formatting working for you earlier?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePimp View Post
They should make VLC compatible with x-fi too! lol

By the way, if the problem was internal (related to your pc) to begin with, how was formatting working for you earlier?
it's not the pc at all. just the way mtp devices work, its really buggy. x-fi should've been msc -.-.
I just ended up formatting my player and it worked fine after that xP.