android
Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 AM

Default Media explorer in 32 bit OS

Hi All,

I have a 8GB Zen and recently purchased a Asus Eee 1000h running XP home edition. I downloaded media explorer from the creative website but when I try to install I get an error message

"The Windows® operating system running on this computer is not supported by this product Setup will exit."

I have learnt that this is because the Asus uses a 32 bit processor and ZME needs a 64 bit operating system, this hasn't caused problems with any other software I have tried to install. The only reason I really need media explorer is to create and manage playlists as I can transfer music through explorer with MTP.

So can anybody suggest any options/alternative software that I could use to create and edit playlists on the Zen, or is there anyway I can get ZME to install?? Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 AM

you must have just grabbed the wrong version. on the download page, make sure you select "Windows XP" from the select box at the bottom of the page. looks like they were probably using scripting in their webpage to detect your OS and just got it wrong. if you select it manually, you should be fine.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:58 AM

Thanks for getting back to me,

I should have been more specific, I tried all of the downloads for Windows XP.

ZNCB_PCApp64_LA_6_70_16.exe
ZNCB_PCApp32_LA_6_70_16.exe
ZNCB_PCAppXP_LA_5_70_15.exe

And get the same error message with all of them...

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 AM

not sure what the problem is there then? try creative support or maybe their forums?

if you install windows media player 10/11, that should allow to do transfer music/playlists just fine. the zen software is only really required for synching up outlook contacts i think. there are plenty of alternatives for converting video. i use this....

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/device/mpx.htm

Old 08-25-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
not sure what the problem is there then? try creative support or maybe their forums?

if you install windows media player 10/11, that should allow to do transfer music/playlists just fine. the zen software is only really required for synching up outlook contacts i think. there are plenty of alternatives for converting video. i use this....

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/device/mpx.htm
Thanks for that! Maybe I'll shoot over the creative forums, also found http://forum.eeeuser.com/ so maybe someone there has had a similar issue.

Cheers for the input

Old 08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, make sure you are changing the default view (under Manual Selections in the bottom left of the page) when using the Creative website. It defaults to Windows Vista 64-bit for some reason (Why Creative?????), so no matter what you download, it will be the Vista 64-bit compatible versions of the software.

Zen FAQ