android
Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 AM

Default Cowon O2

Wow... this player supports:

Video: Divx 3.11/4/5/6, Xvid, Mpeg-4 SP/ASP, WMV 7/8/9, H.264, Mpeg 1, MJepg. Audio: Mpeg Layer 1/2/3, WMA, AAC, AC3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, OGG FLAC, Apple Lossless, True Audio, Monkey Audio, MusePack, Eavepack, G.726, PCM.

This is amazing!

Here are the specs of the Cowon iAudio o2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Talking The O2 ROCKS!!!!!!!

It's beautiful, isn't it?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Banned

Default Ending the speculations about Cowon D3

By its characteristics O2 seems to be the device that will replace D2 as the most succesful flash player of Cowon. S9 announced together doesn't has SD slot, but bluetooth... beside an AMOLED screen not so large (3.3"). User will decide if S9 or O2 will replace his loved D2.

All the features of O2 announced fits better with D2 characteristics, sporting an awesome screen of 4.3" in no way will be a replacement of A3 which is an HDD based player.

I will start trying to gain lots of money because as we all the Cowon users know... this players won't be cheaper...

Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS View Post
I will start trying to gain lots of money because as we all the Cowon users know... this players won't be cheaper...
I'll be workin' on it myself!!!!!!!! This player is just a bit large for me ta' pocket tho.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Well we should have plenty of time to save up. As you all know Cowon takes forever to release a product.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 AM

18 hours seems a tad low, no?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
I'll be workin' on it myself!!!!!!!! This player is just a bit large for me ta' pocket tho.
Take a look in Cowon page the O2 here. the player doesn't look so big... but in fact is about 30% wider than a D2 but not so big as an A3. The slim frame makes it seems smaller.

I would like to have the S9 with a SD slot.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS View Post
I would like to have the S9 with a SD slot.
Same here!!! This would make it the perfect DAP IMO!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Specs on the O2: http://translate.google.com/translat...tab%3Dtechdata

Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Link to Cowon Global: http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Old 08-30-2008, 03:50 PM

I too agree that the O2 appears to be the device that might replace the D2, hope they don’t drop the idea of a d3. A player smaller than the D2, but bigger than the i7 with expansion slot would be the bomb

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It doesn't seem like a D2 replacement to me (which doesn't mean they don't intend it as such), yes it has a touch screen and an SDHC slot, but it's specs are much closer to the A3 than the D2. To me it would seem more to be a replacement for the A3, or a new spot in the Cowon line-up, a full-size, flash-based PMP. If any of the new players are meant to replace the D2 in their line-up, it looks like the S9 to me, it lacks an expansion slot, but the specs and size are more in line with the D2, being a compact PMP, wide audio support, but limited video support. What I really hope is that there is an actual D3 in the pipeline, neither the O2 or S9 appeal to me, before considering another Cowon player I'd want good video support (doesn't have to be O2, just DVD res Divx/Xvid with AC3 at least), an expansion slot, and 3-3.5" widescreen display.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

S9 would have been the move if ti had the 1 thing I required: an sd slot!!! O2 is cool but just a bit much IMO.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:13 PM

I would totally get the 02-- but I would really like better battery life. Not exactly smiling at 18 hours of audio... I really enjoy the 52 hours on my D2. I guess its more of a PVP than a PAP. I hope it has a good amp and classic Cowon SQ.

http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...D2-vs-Cowon-O2

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Last edited by Xenodius; 08-31-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenodius View Post
I would totally get the 02-- but I would really like better battery life. Not exactly smiling at 18 hours of audio... I really enjoy the 52 hours on my D2. I guess its more of a PVP than a PAP. I hope it has a good amp and classic Cowon SQ.

http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_com...D2-vs-Cowon-O2
30mw per channel should suffice for ya' dude!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopScribe View Post
It doesn't seem like a D2 replacement to me (which doesn't mean they don't intend it as such), yes it has a touch screen and an SDHC slot, but it's specs are much closer to the A3 than the D2. To me it would seem more to be a replacement for the A3, or a new spot in the Cowon line-up, a full-size, flash-based PMP. If any of the new players are meant to replace the D2 in their line-up, it looks like the S9 to me, it lacks an expansion slot, but the specs and size are more in line with the D2, being a compact PMP, wide audio support, but limited video support. What I really hope is that there is an actual D3 in the pipeline, neither the O2 or S9 appeal to me, before considering another Cowon player I'd want good video support (doesn't have to be O2, just DVD res Divx/Xvid with AC3 at least), an expansion slot, and 3-3.5" widescreen display.
Dang HHS, can you read minds?
That's exactly what I thought. The S9 is a new player which should compete with the iTouch, I guess. The O2 is their newest PMP (A2/A3 class) and their first flashed-based one.
They're still working on a D2 successor, I feel it....
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratonator View Post
They're still working on a D2 successor, I feel it....
Perhaps.....just perhaps, they are introducing these two players to see how they are accepted, what people like and dislike, etc. and the D3 will take the best of both and smash them into one portable device. I think the D2 is their flagship device in the smaller portable arena. With how highly it was rated and how much praise it received, I would imagine that they will want to make the successor something very special. Looking at both the S9 and O2, I see advantages that both have over the D2 but both sacrifice important aspects I want. Smashing those two products together would be something EVERYONE will want I suspect.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

hmm, the O2 has that "Planned for later" crap going for the 32gb model also: http://translate.google.com/translat...tab%3Dtechdata

Old 09-03-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
hmm, the O2 has that "Planned for later" crap going for the 32gb model also: http://translate.google.com/translat...tab%3Dtechdata
Yeah, that makes NO sense to me whatsoever - I can't imagine a full sized PMP like that with only 16MB(sure you can add an SD card as an expansion, but I'd rather add onto the 32MB up front since I'll be coming from a much bigger previous PMP storage-wise) - I would also think that they would want to position it differently than the S9 so I'd think they would want to come to market initially with the 32MB for the early adopter type and then later bring out the smaller ones.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 AM

@ chrome im gonna assume you meant gb since 16 and 32mb only covers 4 or 8 songs or so each respectively

i assumed the o2 was flash replacement for the a3/a2 and that they were making the same kind of move that creative did with abandoning HDD players since you can get better battery life and less moving/breakable parts.

However i would want at least the 32g version if im gonna drop 400$ on this thing which is probably about what the 32g will cost.

The fact that it will be expandable like the d2 with flash cards i love i wish the a3 i currently have had that.

Dont know why you would consider the o2 a d2 replacement. Since its significantly larger
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Last edited by mgz; 09-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.