android
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent ar9 View Post
I just bought the x-fi and installed the Centrale software, but it will not open. I have a dual-boot rig with XP and Vista and have installed it on both, but it will only open on Vista.
I also have a ZVM for which I have the ZVM Explorer software installed on XP, so I'm not sure if the two are conflicting (ZVM Explorer works on XP).
Any ideas on why Centrale will not open on XP? Tried turning off all anti-virus/firewalls, it didn't help.

Thanks
Hello.

I have the same problem as you with XP. I had a ZenV installed on the same computer. I launch an appeal by mail to the hotline creative but so far no solution has been sent.
As you managed to run the soft?

Thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM

Default why does creative central keep crashing? *!* (resolved)

Windows XP sp3
1.8Ghz machine
tons of Hdd space
Zen X fi 8Gb firmware 1.03.01

I have now installed the darn creative central on 3 machines and it crashes them all and up pops Dr Watson to say sorry.. *****

I dont use CC for dumping files, I use drag n drop in windows explorer BUT.....

I have some photos and want to make a slideshow so i HAVE TO use CC (*****) to achieve this.

I have a feeling its something to do with SP3 for xp, i know there is a newer firmware version out but it says it makes the radio work better, nothing about constantly crashing **** creative silly central horrible software.

any help would be appreciated. xx

Last edited by durian; 10-21-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:19 PM

I have updated the firmware and central creative horrible thing seems to be stable and not crashing...

so heres' hoping.....

firmware 1.04.08

EDIT: the slideshow, along with a music track, now works fine.....

thanks F for that .

Last edited by durian; 10-21-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Default creative centrale will not install

can anyone help? despie numurous attempts to install both off the disc and the internet, on two different computers, my software won't install. they (at creative) assure me that my other two creative software packages don't interfree. i have sp3, xp windows, disabled virus etc. . i'm using the media source 5 to transfer music but thats not why i bought it.
help - i specially signed on to this forum hoping you guys can help - from rainy ireland

Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM

unplug the x fi. go to START/settings/control panel........ add/remove programs (allow it to load) and see it the creative junk is there, if it is, remove it, if not....

Reboot pc..... & with nothing running, try to install it all again,, insert the creative the cd be4 u reboot, allow it to read, start install.again, with the x fi not plugged in, if the pc ask to connect to the net, let it, infact before you install, go online, so its there if it asks for it, and hope for the best.

mine went on first time, on a pig of a machine (500Mhg,6yo peice of S***t, but it crashed like a shitbag. i did a firmware update see thread:

www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35726

buggers...... !

if you can go to 'right click "my computer" PROPERTIES

select device manager in HARDWARE

do you get a yellow question mark?

if you do it will say "ZEN something or other..........."

right click and delete or disable or uninstall the bugger.....

reboot the pc from 'unplug the bugger' and try the install again...

hello from rainy south coast Uk

xxx

Things are much better after I did he firmware update, omg I HATE firmware updates.... and I teach this shit.....

FIRMWARE update thread:

cool thread about the update, read it. )

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=35282

8Gb zen fi firmware update:

follow the instructions at the bottom to the letter: (wags gay finger in yer face)

hxxp://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=213&CatName=MP3+Players& subCatID=213&subCatName=ZEN&prodID=17810&prodName= ZEN+X-Fi+8GB

change the hxxp to http at the begining of the link..

(some forums dont like 'direct links' out of the site to another site)

xx

still raining..... bitches.

if that doesn't help.. go buy a 120Gb Ipod Classic . pmsl.

Last edited by durian; 10-21-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: I had some cheap ciderr, can't bloody type shit.... sorry peeps. X

Old 10-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
Creative Centrale = biggest piece of crap ever!
Phew!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this frustration. I know I'm not uber-computer savvy, but I know some tings. So Windows Media Player and Juice for me it is.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Super is fine, but having tried it and some others, I've settled on Format Factory, which I found to give better results than Super. This may or may not be the case for you.
http://www.formatoz.com/

Also, I can't see any difference in video quality between 512 or 1024 kbps. Again, I suggest you try for yourself. The 512 file will be getting on for half the file size. I'd be interested if anyone can tell the difference. I've also tried a number of different codecs, and I've settled on xvid, although again I couldn't really tell much of a difference between it and divx and wmv.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, Super, iRiverter, Mediacoder, Windows Media Encoder, Any Video Converter.... all work great and are also a great alternative to the extremely buggy and unreliable Creative conversion software.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-18-2010, 03:28 AM

Hello all!
Alright, I had to uninstall and then re-install Creative Centrale and so when I re-installed and everything was fine. I clicked to run it and it came up with the message saying something about collecting songs from other media players or some shit like that. I pressed 'OK' and then nothing happened. I tried clicking on it again and nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling again and re-installing. Still the same thing happens.

Help please?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:38 PM

can anyone help me with this? CC doesn't seem to work for me at all when i run it it just searching for files and i can't transfer any files to my zen X-FI do i need to wait for it to finish finding all the files?

Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobyochen View Post
can anyone help me with this? CC doesn't seem to work for me at all when i run it it just searching for files and i can't transfer any files to my zen X-FI do i need to wait for it to finish finding all the files?
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but try transferring your music with windows explorer. I tried CC for a while and uninstalled it because well, CC is the only piece of software I ever used that tries to control the user.
There are plenty free programs out there that actually do what you want without headaches and hours of fiddling.

And I thought Windows Explorer works with MTP devices since XP SP2 so in my opinion it's the easiest solution for filling up your X-Fi.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 AM

I've got the problem of that Centrale won't actually list my music folder on the side. It only has my zen icon when connected and if I've got a CD in my computer it picks up on that. Any way to resolve that issue? I have tried multiple times uninstalling and then re-installing. But that doesn't work.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Just bought a Zen Fi-Fi2 player. The sound quality made it hold promise.

When I realised that you cannot browse mp3's and folders you added I was really pissed. I mean how hard can it be?

Now you have to use a stupid converter program...that crashes all the time. Yeah..sure I have a lot of MP3's...but the program shouldn't crash all the time....

Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Ok...I think I know how I am going to solve this.

I will copy all the files to the device. Then I will use an MP3 tagger software (like this one: http://massid3lib.sourceforge.net/ ) to set the ALBUM name to sort them...then check that the GENRE is right if needed.

Jesus Creative (and all other) made my life harder with not allowing to browse normally in the files and their stupid media managers.

SanDisk Media Manager that comes with their memories sucked a little bit less but they still all suck.

Thank god I can just move my files normally now using explorer. I win....

Old 01-08-2011, 09:36 PM

This has been brought up many many times, this player works by tags, every mp3 file has them, so it shouldn't cause too much problems using them. If you really want folder browsing you have to look at other players, but working by tags really isn't that much of a hassle and has it's advantages for sorting your music.

Also it can't be said enough that noone should use Creative Centrale. There are other free programs that do the same, and are way better at it. Some come in all-in-one library managers (MediaMonkey, foobar2k), and some are for specific needs if one wants. For managing tags, I don't know about the program you linked, but I use MP3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) which has many statisfied users including me. Oh and it's also free.

I don't know how you ripped your mp3s, but most software automatically applys at least some tags to the files. If you really see nothing in your Zen then you have to add them all manually. Mp3Tag has an option to get the tag information from the internet so you don't have to type all the info yourself, which is a great timesaver. I suggest you use that on your library, preferably before you load them onto the player because it's a lot slower to read/write to the player than your harddrive, and it doesn't hurt to have your pc library tagged properly anyway.