android
Old 06-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Default My zen xfi won't turn on

I've had my 8gb zen x-fi about a month. I was just listening to music as normal and turned it off as normal. The next time I tried to turn it on it wouldn't turn on. I had just charged it so I don't think I could be the battery. When I connect it to the computer it doesn't charge but it does make the beeping sound. I tried the reset button but that wouldn't work either. I don't feel like going through the trouble to return it so if anybody has any ideas or if they can help I would greatly appreciate it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2009, 10:02 AM

Hey, my sister also had the same problem. She just bought the X-Fi, then she charged it for about an hour and then she transferred her songs in. The next day she used it on her way to work and turned it off when she alighted the bus. After about 9 hours on her way home, she tried to turn it on again but it did not respond. She already tried pressing the Reset button but there was no use.

Anyone can help please?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:19 AM

I've had the same problem, solved it by removing the SD-card before turning it on. It won't start with an inserted card. Don't know if this helps, but this solved my problem.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM

I'll keep this short, last time I suggested someone else do this they apparently couldn't be bothered to try...

Plug it into something with a USB port that isn't a computer for about an hour. Something like this would be ideal...

Old 07-20-2009, 06:00 PM

well instead going through a bunch of crap I just sent it back to creative since thats where I bought it from and yeah I tried using other power sources other than the computer nothing worked I'll tell you guys when I get a replacement

Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 AM

Yes even i feel that was an internal problem you could have done less to resurrect. Its better in such cases to return the product without bothering it much since it could void the warranty.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:49 PM

well I got my replacement today so far so good so I'm gonna update the firmware and see how that goes

Old 08-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman2893 View Post
well I got my replacement today so far so good so I'm gonna update the firmware and see how that goes
Okay! Nice to know that creative is still listening to us
have fun.