android
Old 09-01-2008, 12:42 AM

Default Totally Unresponsive Brand New Zen

Has anyone here experienced similar incident with his/her Zen? I have a brand new less than a week old 4GB Zen; now it appears to be completely dead.

I’m rather bummed because I just spent close to another $100 in accessories already. For some reason after I’ve just done transferring all musical files to the 16GB SDHC, my Zen went into a coma. No battery charging icon exists nor blue light exist for the switch even if it’s connected to USB port; it no longer turns on. I switched around for different USB ports but no luck. My computer does not recognize any device connection at all.

Before RMA my Zen back to Newegg, I like to hear if any stories even a remote possibility of reviving it?

TS

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-01-2008, 01:12 AM

Follow up on my above post… I tried Bobby RS ZEN FAQ remedies. My Zen has revived without going through CPR.

By the way, the A-Data 16GB SDHC is working well, as pointed out in the “sticky”. I just wanted to thank the helpful info available. Many of the functions are similar to my 2 year old ZVM, but never the less helped me to isolate and analyze the problem more clearly.

TS

Old 09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello kshrine. Good to hear you got it all worked out. For others who may read this thread in the future, what was the main cause and the steps you took to revive the Zen?

Zen FAQ

Old 09-02-2008, 09:22 PM

^ After I had finished transferring files to the memory card, my Zen went blank and became totally unresponsive even with USB cable still attached. Therefore, at first I thought it was a USB driver/connection issue or some catastrophic event like electrical over load that fried the IC chip.

What revived the Zen was a simple reset button. All power and functions came back after that except for the menu for memory card. Zen would give me an annoying warning that there is an error, and ask me if I’d like to continue before I access the files. I tried many times to correct this problem by system resets and external resets along with flash memory disconnect and reconnect. Still, I could not directly access the files, until I gave” YES” permission prior to accessing the files. (I also thought about formatting the SDHC card with Panasonic site.) I finally solved this issue by reconnecting once more with USB and needing to go through the SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE disconnection procedure with the sys tray icon.

Well, everything seems to be fine now, knock on wood…

TS

Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, great kshrine! Thank you for updating the thread. Enjoy your Zen!

Zen FAQ