android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 AM

Default How to sync playlists on a SanDisk Sansa using MediaMonkey

OK, After a lot of research, I thought to post this for anyone that needs.

Sansa Fuze, and other Sansa, use a .PLA playlist format. When connecting the Sansa, make sure you use the MTP USB mode, and not the MSC mode (Setting -> Device Setting -> USB Mode), as the Sansa does not use 3U files well.

In MediaMonkey, go to the Sync options and select the Sansa. Open the options for the Sansa, and select the playlists you want to sync, then head on to "Device Configuration".

If you use several playlists like me, you might want to use the folder format of "\Music\<Playlist>\<Filename>".

Under "Copy Playlists", click "Options", and make sure ALL FOUR selections are checked, and that destination reads "\Playlists\".

Click "OK", and you're pretty much done...

After you next sync your Sansa, you sould be able to use the palylists you want, without using the Windows Media Player, or any other conversion tools.

A warning to all - syncing the Sansa takes a very long time, the first time out, so have patience and wait for MM to finish.

Good Luck

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 PM

Excellent post IronEagle!. Some info in your post I didn't know and I use MM all the time..
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 09-02-2008, 06:17 PM

Yep, that looks right. You don't need all four playlist options selected though. I didn't have genre selected and it worked fine for me. Currently using J River Media Center though because it 2-way syncs ratings. If MM got that to work I'd definitely use MM because it works much better with Last.fm.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 PM

What MM version are you using? I have the 2.5.5 and it doesnt have those options under "Copy Playlists"...
I have a Sansa e280 with original software only Firmware version 3.something (The newest) just in case...

Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Actually, m3u playlists work fine in MSC mode. The problem is that Sansa players require relative paths in the playlists, but MM puts full paths in the playlists. After syncing you can use a text editor to do a quick search/replace to fix the paths.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 PM

Hi out there

I spent so much time now and I cant get Media Monkey work together well with my Sansa Fuze.
Please help out!

I use the newest MM V3.x and firmware for my Fuze & followed your advice above.

But I does not work. Eg. at the moment I use 'send to Fuze' instead of 'syncing'. I have to audiobooks with several files tagged as audiobook in MM.

I made of each audiobook a playlist. So i have in MM playlist_A and playlist_B at the moment.

Then I right click them in MM & sent them to my Fuze. RESULT:

Both playlists appear in Fuze's register for playlists but the 2nd. then overwrites the content of the first!

I have so playlist_A and playlist_B with content of the later ?!?

WTF

Can someone please teach me how to use MM with Fuze and how Fuze really works.
Is Fuze capable of using more than one playlist?

Why the above structure of directorys? Why not only: \music\ ?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:57 AM

Hello

I can no more use my Sansa Fuze with MediaMonkey on my Windows XP because MTP is flawed and the Sansa is no more detected. WMP seems to do so but syncing does not work. MM does not detect the Fuze at all ?!?!

Man, that is so anoying.

So I changed to MSC ! But MM does not work anymore with my Sansa when it is detected as USB drive in the way I was used to ....

How do I have to set up MM to work with MSC? I got three external devices now !?

mass driver and d_wmdm.dll.

Have I to activate all or only one? I do not get it. Please help me! Screenshots?

thank you!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM

Media Monkey has been unable to sync abything for me with my fuze. I have been unable to add tags to MP3s using anything, media monkey or not. The only thing that i have been able to do is to add tags with Media Monkey before I intallialy put it on the player. Media Monkey is unable to add tags to existing files.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Media Monkey has been unable to sync abything for me with my fuze. I have been unable to add tags to MP3s using anything, media monkey or not. The only thing that i have been able to do is to add tags with Media Monkey before I intallialy put it on the player. Media Monkey is unable to add tags to existing files.
I don't understand....you can't put files on your Fuze with MM? And as far as adding tags to existing files.....wouldn't it make more sense to do it before they were on the Fuze, so the tags were permanently attached?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 AM

Hello

I am used to MM and use it for organizing my music since 2 years or so. When I got my FUZE I checked the MTP option of it and I could sync audiobooks and music (didnt test more) with MM to it. I followed this guide.
I did that by selecting the needed files and by right clicking and sending them to Sansa Fuze everything worked.

Since I had tagged everthing it worked flawlessly.

But then MS Windows got a problem and I can not use any more MTP. I do not know why but it does not work so I changed to MSC.

Everybody says MSC is less problematic.... but well I can use now MM to sync music from my database but auto syncing and "right click sending to" with podcasts does not work.

SO, please if someone uses MM with MSC and FUZE please offer us your setting!

PS:
I hate WMP so, if you do not use MM what else?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:56 PM

having issues too.. for some reason MTP is not working and so I'm using MSC but the playlists turn up empty. I tried for HOURS and days.. stilll not working. I downloaded the MTP driver thing, still not working. Formatted both from my comp and the player itself, deleted the driver, etc.

Firmware is updated as well. I'm using XP SP3

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:38 AM

Hey

nice greetings to Montreal!

Worked some time in Ontario )

Well,

one suggestions from me is to clear and delete in MediaMonkey under options for external devices all that you can delete. There are one or two that can not be deleted but the rest can be. Then restart MM and see if it works. To be sure unplug your device before you start doing this and perhaps reboot before you start MM for the first time then after cleaning up the sections.

It is peanuts and you can do it as often you like

Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Thumb Up Thanks!!

IronEagle thanks so much for your post. I have been trying to transfer playlists from MM to my sansa fuze for ages now and your post is the only one that has actually helped me!!! Thanks!!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 PM

so media monkey is definitely more favourable over windows media player 11?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I manage the content on the player with drag & drop and Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer - some call it "My Computer"). I use Winamp to create playlists once the music is on the player. I don't use WMP or MM, but MM is probably similar to Winamp in capabilities.

Steve

Old 04-19-2009, 01:40 PM

k so I don't know what I did but essentially if you want playlists to work smoothly with the clip and MM you have to get your computer to work with the clip in MTP mode and then syncing will be fine.

don't ask me how I managed.. I fiddled with my computer for hours and days but it works now! drivers, diff USB cables and plugs, etc. try it all!

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 PM

I had some problems with MM and my fuze with 3.0 when i went to the newest beta of 3.1 it works very well and a lot more responsive to the fuze and the external card as well. I dont ever have to change from msc or mtp for it to recognize my external card. As for playlists i dont use them so i couldn't help with that but i can tell you that the newest version works great.
Be careful that 3.1 is a bit of a change an if you have an older version you paid for it will no longer be valid and its a bit of a pain to switch back unless you know what your doing.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:08 AM

Default Thanks

After Days of trying to Sync Playlists to both my Sanza Fuze and Fuze Plus External uSD Cards Your over 3 year old Post did the Trick. Thanks..