android
Old 09-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Help - Totally Mucked up somewhere.....

Hi all,

I have just bought a new samsung t10, and have installed all the software. After hundreds of updates, getting emodio, and updating the firmware (as told to by emodio) I have some problems that I can't get around.

1) In emodio when I search for music, it will only bring up those of file type mp3, for some reason (I dont really know why) but alot of my music is saved as m4a file. When I search for this in emodio, even if it is ticked in the options box then it won't find it. If i just drag and drop it into the player then it only gives me the track name and won't appear in the artist list. Does anyone know why, and how I can get around this?

2) I have installed v3.06 of the firmware, and I have tried to put the games onto it, as I didnt have any when the firmware was updated. I have got 4 games, and whenever I click on anyone it comes up "incorrect file format". Have removed the games and tried putting them back on to no avail. Any one know how to fix this?

3) On datacasts it comes up saying "please use samsung media studio to download necessary datacast files". I had this originally, but then when all the updates were happening when I first installed it, emodio uninstalled samsung media studio. How can I get these to work? What do I need to download?

I have searched the forums trying to find the answers but seems they me be a bit to simple, as no one else has asked. .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 PM

Default Lack of AAC support.

AAC files are not really supported in the T10 that I have found, emodio will let you import m4a files but you can't copy them to the T10 unsupported format, I had to copy the files directly.

Just Unzip the Games file, Use WinZip and copy all the files to the T10 Game folder.

Emodio is the updated version of SMS.

Sorry to post it this was but it would not let me post a Quoted reply, "Message to short"

Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 AM

I had to install a m4a codec to Windows Media Player before Emodio would recognise m4a files..
It still refused to transfer them across to my girlfriend's T10 though.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 AM

As it Stands EmoDio supports m4a files in its input file selector, no codec needs to be added, plus you have to go to Windows and copy the files using the T10 Explorer item to the DATA folder, MTP Firmware.

I found that m4a files a utter waste of time as the T10 only displayed them as one BIG file list even when placed into seperate folders.

Sorry but I don't use Windows Media Player as its listed as spyware.

MediaMonkey is a far better option.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:31 PM

Ok, so now that explains the m4a thing, which is a pain, but I guess that I can live with it. Do you know if it will ever be sorted out so that it doesn't make a difference?

With the games it still doesnt seem to work. Have unzipped the folder and dragged it into the games file and it goes blank as if its going to load, and then comes up "Not supported format". Do you have any idea why this might be? what do I need to do to fix it? cheers

Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdisk View Post
As it Stands EmoDio supports m4a files in its input file selector, no codec needs to be added, plus you have to go to Windows and copy the files using the T10 Explorer item to the DATA folder, MTP Firmware.
On the contrary, I couldn't get Emodio to see m4a tracks (ripped using iTunes) until WMP had a codec that could see them..
Immediately after installing the codec, I again tried to import the same m4a files and Emodio added them.
I had all the file formats selected in the Preferences and had restarted after the Emodio installation.
Emodio may have it's own m4a codec, but in my case, it couldn't/wouldn't see m4a files until WMP could also see them..

The codec I installed was the FFMPEG codec from Codec Central I believe.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:57 AM

Did you say that EmoDio software lets you install the m4a files direct to the T10.?

I just can't see any point in a Codec as you are just copying files, but EmoDio would not let me install them to the T10.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 AM

Unzip the Games zip file, you should end up with just a Game Folder, just File copy this Game folder to the DATA folder if using MTP Fimware

The Games should end up in DATA/Games/prg

Like this

DATA\Games\prg\BombBomb
DATA\Games\prg\BubbleSmile
DATA\Games\prg\ChickenRunaway
DATA\Games\prg\SubwayGlobal

If you are using MSC firmware they just copy the Games folder to the root of the T10 Drive letter like e:\

Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdisk View Post
Did you say that EmoDio software lets you install the m4a files direct to the T10.?

I just can't see any point in a Codec as you are just copying files, but EmoDio would not let me install them to the T10.
No.
Even after installing the codec which allowed Emodio to see the m4a files, it refused to transfer them to the T10.. had to do that manually by drag and drop...
Emodio said the file format was not supported by the player..

Installing the codec purely allowed Emodio to see the files and play them in Emodio..
Very disappointing..