android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM

My daughters ZEN is not recognized by my PC or hers. I also have a ZEN with the same firmware (1.40.02) and have no problem on either PC. So it's not the USB Cord, Dongle or PC?

When I open the Device Manager on both PC's, I get the error that "This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)". I tried to uninstall the Hardware then reinstall and that has not worked either. Before I uninsatlled the Hardware, her player appeared as "Zen Vision" in the portable device portion of the Device Manager but now shows up as MTP Device and still has errors.

As a media organizer I have tried both the Creative applications as well as WMP11. Neither one recognizes the device.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello mpquin. Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpquin View Post
My daughters ZEN is not recognized by my PC or hers. I also have a ZEN with the same firmware (1.40.02) and have no problem on either PC. So it's not the USB Cord, Dongle or PC?
That depends.... Are you swapping the USB cable, Dongle, and using the same USB port from the working ZVM to the non-working ZVM?

If you have eliminated the dongle, USB port, and USB cable by swapping with the ones that work on the good ZVM and the bad ZVM still doesn't work, then you have pretty much narrowed it down to the ZVM has having the problem (if the good ZVM is still working).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpquin View Post
When I open the Device Manager on both PC's, I get the error that "This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)". I tried to uninstall the Hardware then reinstall and that has not worked either. Before I uninsatlled the Hardware, her player appeared as "Zen Vision" in the portable device portion of the Device Manager but now shows up as MTP Device and still has errors.

As a media organizer I have tried both the Creative applications as well as WMP11. Neither one recognizes the device.
If the above swapping of parts doesn't help (and the good ZVM still works just fine; driver loads with no error), then try booting the bad ZVM into Recovery Mode and selecting a Cleanup from the menu. This will do a scan and repair any issues the ZVM has within its internal database. Then try connecting to the computer to see how the driver reacts. Let me know from there....

Zen FAQ

Old 10-31-2008, 12:05 AM

Default ZEN Vision M still not connecting

No I don't here anything whenever I plug in the device. Not sure what firmware is on it. Its connected and charging very very slowly, even when i leave it on for hours, it still does not fully charge. I still never see anything about ZEN under the portable devices. not sure whats going on

Old 10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFENIX88 View Post
No I don't here anything whenever I plug in the device. Not sure what firmware is on it. Its connected and charging very very slowly, even when i leave it on for hours, it still does not fully charge. I still never see anything about ZEN under the portable devices. not sure whats going on
The driver not loading correctly may be the reason for the charging issue. Without the driver loading correctly, the Zen will not get the full charging current of 500mA from the USB bus. Instead, it is only getting up to 100mA. You need to get the connectivity and driver issue resolved. Make sure you have all of the Creative software uninstalled, restart the computer, open Device Manager, connect the Zen, and watch Device Manager for any activity.

Zen FAQ