android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 09-06-2008, 04:57 AM

Exclamation My ZVM freezes when trying to put music on it. Searched everywhere :(

Hello everyone,

Since a couple of weeks, my ZVM is acting very weird; I'll explain the problem.
My zvm works normal when listening to music, and when I connect him to my pc, my pc recognises it, but, when I try to open my ZVM file in the Creative MediaSource 5 Organizer, the Organizer just 'freezes' and I have to shut down the program. Then, when I take the USB cabel out of my pc, my zvm freezes too and I have to reset him to make him work again. So I'm not able to put music on it.
I hope you understand the problem I have (if you need more info about my problem, plz ask), and that someone knows a solution, because I'm a little bit desperate now..

Thanks in advance,
Nilcius

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello nilcius. Welcome. It sounds like the issue may be with the software or driver. Can you open My Computer and see the ZVM to try and drag-and-drop some files to it for testing? If you open up WMP, does it see the ZVM and maybe even sync to it?

Zen FAQ

Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Hello nilcius. Welcome. It sounds like the issue may be with the software or driver. Can you open My Computer and see the ZVM to try and drag-and-drop some files to it for testing? If you open up WMP, does it see the ZVM and maybe even sync to it?
Hello BobbyRS,
When I open My Computer there is a map 'My Zen', but I can't paste anything in it. And WMP doesn't see my player so sync won't work too..

Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

"My Zen", is your Zen. If you open it up you should see the media folders that you should be able to drag-and-drop files into. There may be detection problems with software while the Creative software is installed.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
"My Zen", is your Zen. If you open it up you should see the media folders that you should be able to drag-and-drop files into. There may be detection problems with software while the Creative software is installed.
When I open 'My Zen', I see 'Storage Media', but when I double click this one, it seems that this menu is loading, but nothing happens actually.. So I'm not able to drag-and-drop any files..

Old 09-07-2008, 08:11 AM

Maybe it isn't important, but, I have this problem on multiple pc's.
And if there are detection problems, how can I solve this problem? Reinstalling the Creative Software?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
When I open 'My Zen', I see 'Storage Media', but when I double click this one, it seems that this menu is loading, but nothing happens actually.. So I'm not able to drag-and-drop any files..
Menu loading? Once you click on Storage Media, you should see the main folders the Zen has setup for the different types of media (Music, Pictures, Video, etc.).

Quote:
Maybe it isn't important, but, I have this problem on multiple pc's.
What problem specifically? It appears your Zen is being detected and the driver loading correctly since you can see the Zen as a Portable Device. Are you referring to not being able to access the Storage Media section when connected? Is this the problem that carries with the Zen onto multiple computers?

Quote:
And if there are detection problems, how can I solve this problem? Reinstalling the Creative Software?
No, you do not need any of the Creative Software installed in order for your computer (Windows) to see and use the ZVM.

Try booting into Recovery Mode and selecting Cleanup from the menu. This should correct any errors the database may be having and hopefully allow you to be able to access the ZVM's properly.

<!-- / message -->

Zen FAQ

Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Menu loading? Once you click on Storage Media, you should see the main folders the Zen has setup for the different types of media (Music, Pictures, Video, etc.).
This is the problem I think, when i click on Storage Media, nothing appears, The main folders aren't showing up.

Quote:
What problem specifically? It appears your Zen is being detected and the driver loading correctly since you can see the Zen as a Portable Device. Are you referring to not being able to access the Storage Media section when connected? Is this the problem that carries with the Zen onto multiple computers?
Yes, I'm not able to see the storage media on different computers.

Quote:
No, you do not need any of the Creative Software installed in order for your computer (Windows) to see and use the ZVM.

Try booting into Recovery Mode and selecting Cleanup from the menu. This should correct any errors the database may be having and hopefully allow you to be able to access the ZVM's properly.

<!-- / message -->
I've already tried this, but it doesn't seem to work either

Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did the Cleanup complete without any error messages? The issue sounds possible it could be a firmware related issue. Have you tried reloading the firmware by downloading the latest firmware and executing the new firmware with the Zen connected?

Zen FAQ

Old 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM

I've tried again to open the Zen File in My Computer (on another pc) and it worked here(I was able to see the different files and music), so I tried also to drag-and-drop a song to my ZVM, and a little screen appears, but after that, nothing happens, so I still can't put a song on my ZVM.

And reloading the firmware doesn't work either... Everytime when I want to put something on my ZVM (a song, firmware,...) nothing happens..

What is wrong with my Zen ?!

Thanks,
nilcius

Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It still sounds like an MTP issue. What version of WMP do you have installed. Have you considered upgading to or reinstalling WMP11 if you haven't? Make sure you have all of the Creative software uninstalled. For one it isn't needed and two, it can cause these types of issues with MTP when the Operating System is already MTP compliant.

Zen FAQ