android
Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 PM

Default Different bookmarking issue...

...not the usual complaint about not preserving the playlist/folder (which I agree is a design flaw), but a bookmark naming issue. On my Pilot, any bookmarks in the list take the name of the current now playing file, not the actual file that was bookmarked. The times are all correct, and they do work, but they're all named the same, and all wrong. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it a defect in my player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2008, 08:25 PM

They're supposed to take the name of the current file on the Now Playing list. It's not a problem with the player.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 PM

Yes, but what I mean is, if I've bookmarked several different files, at different times, the whole bookmark list, all of them, take the name of the current now playing file, not the names of the files that were originally bookmarked. That's normal? Not very useful if it is...

...actually, I've just noticed that it only does this for files on the SDHC card, bookmarks from files on the internal memory are named fine. So, I guess it is a bug...

Last edited by zarquon; 09-13-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: new information

Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 PM

When you bookmark, it only saves the file that was currently playing when you bookmarked, not the whole playlist. That's one of the things that we wanted to change in the new firmware...:/

Old 09-16-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarquon View Post
Yes, but what I mean is, if I've bookmarked several different files, at different times, the whole bookmark list, all of them, take the name of the current now playing file, not the names of the files that were originally bookmarked. That's normal? Not very useful if it is...

...actually, I've just noticed that it only does this for files on the SDHC card, bookmarks from files on the internal memory are named fine. So, I guess it is a bug...
Yes, you're right, it's a bug. It was listed on the feature request list stickied at the top of this forum so it could be fixed in the next firmware...which never happened.