android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 09-13-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Zen V Plus 4Gb Froze while playing, will not turn on.

Hello everyone,
I have had a Zen V plus 4Gb for about 5 months now. Last night I had it charging, and it was at full battery this morning. Today I was listening to it and it was working fine, when suddenly it began to make static noise, I tried to pause it, and it didn't respond. I had it set so that the screen turns off after a few seconds, and when I began pressing buttons the screen did not come back on like it normaly would. The earphones kept making the static noise until I hit the toggle to go to next song. Then the device stopped responding at all. The blue lights are not flashing, when i plug it in my laptop doesn't even know it is there. the reset button did not work, and most troubling of all, I had it plugged in for like 10 minutes it was very very warm, nearly hot. I unplugged it for fear of an exposion or who knows what.

Does anyone have any idea how to help me?

Thanks so much,
Stephen Morrill

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello stephen56. It sounds like an internal battery short or failure. Does it power on when plugged into AC power? I would consider replacing the battery. I believe the battery part number is:

DAP-FL0040

EBay has a ton as well as this site. Here is a video on how to open the Zen V. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Tags
froze, v plus, zen