android
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 AM

Default Zen Vison M wont charge + keeps rebuilding

Hiya

My first post here so be gentle .

I own a Creative Zen Vision M 60 GB which has been working fine until recently , I turned it on and it froze so I did the reset which was fine and then it went into rebuilding which is all normal , I left it rebuilding and turned it on the other day and it went straight into rebuilding mode and when that has finished shuts down when I turn it on again it says the battery is low or nothing comes on at all so the battery must be dead , when I plug it into my PC the icon does not appear , so it is not being recognized so I cannot send any files etc to it now . I looked on the Creative site and all the advice they had was download new firmware which I cannot do as it is not recognizing my player . I can charge it up via a wall charger but as soon as it is charged it then goes back into rebuilding mode ( which takes about an hour ) . The other day I charged it up and when I turned it back on I was able to go into the player , all my music was there but I had nearly 60,000 pictures on here and all the different folders are here when I opened a folder it said no images in folder , I then went into information and it said I had nearly 60,00 pictures on my player so I am not sure if there are there or not. I also had a few videos on here which are not here at all the whole videos section is now empty . I mailed Creative again and they said go into recovery mode and do a clean up which I did but it took ages and when I turned it back on the same thing happened went back into rebuilding so that did not seem to work , like I said I had nearly 60,000 pictures on here and I really hope I have not lost all them , If anyone on here has any ideas how to solve this or has had the same problem I would be very greatfull for any help .

Thanks

Steve

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 PM

i recently bought a second hand 30gb zvm. It wasnt taking a charge - the icon in the top corner just showed a mains plug. A firmware upgrade with the wall charger plugged in fixed this. Hope this helps.