android
Old 09-26-2008, 03:51 PM

Frankly, I like CDs and still buy them for their permanence and the quality of the music. MP3s at 128 kbps is fine for when I'm walking around and have to pay attention to cars or barking dogs, but when I'm relaxing at the end of the week with the good headphones on, I can tell a difference between compressed and uncompressed music.

For that reason I was a bit bothered to see that the music they'll be shipping is MP3. I hope this is because the flash manufacturers have a large inventory of low capacity cards that they can't sell anymore -- who buys cards less than 1 GB for their cameras or cell phones anymore?

But if it catches on, I hope they'll move to uncompressed music. It's still not as permanent a medium as CD, but times change and I have to face the facts.

(Yeah, I still listen to my old vinyl sometimes, too!)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-11-2008, 06:36 PM

Spotted a "SlotMusic Wallet" at Best Buy yesterday. It holds 4 cards in their plastic cases, which would seem to be the standard cases that Sandisk's MobileUltra microSDHC cards come in.

I'd kind of like to see this catch on. I think there are many folks out there that just don't know how or want to take the time to rip CDs or download music. According to the SlotMusic website the cards will be 1GB and will contain "extras".

Tags
media, mp3, player, sandisk