android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 PM

Hey guys, (no9 and BobbyRS), all is well. I'm working on adding all my music again. I will definately backup everything and make sure it's really backed up. Anyway, the new load will give me a chance to add and changes some stuff that needed to be changed out. And yes, I'm glad I became a member. I have always believed that more heads, with different and better information, is definately better than one. Thanks again.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 AM

No problem

Old 09-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonegs View Post
Hey guys, (no9 and BobbyRS), all is well. I'm working on adding all my music again. I will definately backup everything and make sure it's really backed up. Anyway, the new load will give me a chance to add and changes some stuff that needed to be changed out. And yes, I'm glad I became a member. I have always believed that more heads, with different and better information, is definately better than one. Thanks again.
Good to hear. Enjoy your Zen and ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Default I too am having problems with music transfers!

Stonegs, BobbyRS and no9 - Thank you for your postings. I just recently downloaded music that I wanted to transfer to my ZVM 30GB and for some reason my media player keeps telling me that the format of the music is not supported.... ?????? I have been downloading and transferring music from both work and home for the last year or so with absolutely no problems. Then yesterday BAM (unsupported format). I started searching around and found your forum. Stonegs seemed to have the same problem I do except I didn't loose any of my music. I appreciate the Creative link previously posted. I am right now trying to clean up my ZVM, however, it seems like it is taking forever! Did the initial clean up take a long while? Granted I have over 4,000 songs I am guessing that this is the reason? Any input is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I didn't even know that I should/could update the firmware on the device. I did the update first, however the update seemed to stop when the player started to reboot. Player never rebooted and the update doesn't look like it completed 100%. Thoughts?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypoo View Post
P.S. I didn't even know that I should/could update the firmware on the device. I did the update first, however the update seemed to stop when the player started to reboot. Player never rebooted and the update doesn't look like it completed 100%. Thoughts?
What firmware was on the player when you started? Does the player boot up now or is it in firmware limbo?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello Whiskeypoo. Welcome. Yeah, a Cleanup can take some time with a library that large. Just let it be until it finishes or errors out.

If the update completed to where it began to reboot, it should have taken the firmware correctly. How is the ZVM booting now? Does it look like it is booting and working correctly?

Zen FAQ

Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM

No9 and BobbyRS
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you both. My cleanup finally finished took almost 4 hours or better, however the system won't reboot. I am stuck at the logo. The Firmware that I had was the old firmware however before I started the clean up I added the new version. I hate to format as I will loose my 4,000 plus songs, but I do have a backup on my computer. Do you think it is necessary that I format and then reboot? It doesn't look like just rebooting is doing anything at all. The ZVM just sits there. I'm SOL aren't I?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
No9 and BobbyRS
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you both. My cleanup finally finished took almost 4 hours or better, however the system won't reboot. I am stuck at the logo. The Firmware that I had was the old firmware however before I started the clean up I added the new version. I hate to format as I will loose my 4,000 plus songs, but I do have a backup on my computer. Do you think it is necessary that I format and then reboot? It doesn't look like just rebooting is doing anything at all. The ZVM just sits there. I'm SOL aren't I?
Sounds like a format may be in order and maybe a refirmware

Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 PM

I figured as much. I will format and try to reboot and see what happens. Will let you know. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I figured as much. I will format and try to reboot and see what happens. Will let you know. Thanks for the help.
You've got a back-up so it should be no big deal. If it works it'll be worth it. Keep me posted

Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
My cleanup finally finished took almost 4 hours or better
Did it error out or look like it finished correctly?

Quote:
however the system won't reboot.
What happens if you press the reset button?

Quote:
The Firmware that I had was the old firmware however before I started the clean up I added the new version.
Did the new version install without problems?

Quote:
I hate to format as I will loose my 4,000 plus songs, but I do have a backup on my computer.
At least you have a backup (like eveyone should)!

Quote:
Do you think it is necessary that I format and then reboot? It doesn't look like just rebooting is doing anything at all. The ZVM just sits there. I'm SOL aren't I?
Try a reset first..... if you haven't already.

Zen FAQ