android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 10-05-2008, 02:02 PM

Default Working playlist editor/maker for MSC mode

Just to let everyone know, there's a working playlist editor that works without any problems!
It's called the Playlist Creator (very original)

http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php

Screenshot from their website:

I just posted this because I saw someone say they couldn't wait for a playlist creator to come out for the Fuze.
Sansa e260 Rockbox 4GB + 120 MB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 AM

Winamp has always worked great in MSC mode. Just drag files from your Sansa into Winamp's playlist editor, arrange them as desired and save the playlist back to the Sansa's Root or Music folder.

If you want to edit an existing playlist, just drag the m3u file into Winamp's playlist editor and the overwrite the original when saving.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I've used Winamp also, It works too.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:16 PM

i am using this program now but cant get the lists to play ..
i got it to work, make sure to check the settings an make sure you have relative path an i also changed to forward slashes not sure if the last one made a differents, but now it works so who knows .. cheers

Last edited by coyote; 10-08-2008 at 08:39 AM.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 PM

: sighs: Why can't anyone make something like this for the Mac? I love how Sandisk has said that the Fuze works in MSC mode for Linux and Mac, but refuses to release any type of software support for these platforms. I understand the linux side (there are more then enough apps out there), but Mac have nothing other then iTunes to manage music, and sadly, the Fuze isn't compatible with it.

I am kinda happy I don't have much music because its a pain to add new music to my fuze (make playlist in iTunes, use script tool to transfer songs in playlist to Fuze (just a plain copy, no seperation into playlist/folder), use another script tool to create playlist). :Sighs: Wish I knew enough about OS X programming to make this for the Mac.

(Sorry for rant. Not been a good day and got my hopes up when I saw the thread title that is was something I could use).

Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM

Are you sure there's not one out there? If not that does stink! I use linux with wine to run Windows programs; I don't think wine is Mac compatible, crossover office is, but it's not free so I don't know...

EDIT: I was searching around and I saw that Windous Media Player 9 is Mac compatible. I'll post if I find any more media players.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
: sighs: Why can't anyone make something like this for the Mac?
How about EasyTAG? It's a very good open source Tag editor that also has a playlist generator. It's available for just about every flavor of Linux, OSX and Windows.

Here's a link on how the playlist generator works:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=4410

Old 10-07-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
How about EasyTAG? It's a very good open source Tag editor that also has a playlist generator. It's available for just about every flavor of Linux, OSX and Windows.

Here's a link on how the playlist generator works:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=4410
Wow. I didn't know easytag was compiled for OS X. I'm installing it now. Will give it a spin later today. If it works and I can edit the playlists I currently have on my Fuze, that will be enough for now. Thanks for the info.

Now to convert iTunes playlists to mu3 playlists and I will be very happy. Or even better, a way to get iTunes on OS X to recognize the Fuze (there is a Windows plugin that does this).

Update: And I can't get it compiled. :sighs: Its not pre-compiled as its not a OS X app. Its compiled to run as a Unix App, meaning it uses X11. Anyway, I will try to compile it later today. Will post my findings incase anyone is interested in it.

Last edited by GumbyX84; 10-07-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Update

Old 10-07-2008, 05:32 PM

Bummer, I didn't realize it was source only.

As for iTunes playlist to m3u conversion, here you go:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=5640

The post is in the Clip forum, but it woks on the Fuze as well. They're basically identical except for a few Fuze specific features (video, album art).

You might also want to keep an eye on Amarok 2. The current beta installs and runs on OSX, but is apparently still pretty buggy. It's a huge download because of the KDE baggage, but it's the Linux world's favorite media player and does support m3u.
http://rutsum.com/amarok-2-beta-on-m...ness-unlimited

Old 10-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34639 starting from post #4, it talks about a playlist editor that works on the fuze itself...

Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Bummer, I didn't realize it was source only.

As for iTunes playlist to m3u conversion, here you go:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=5640

The post is in the Clip forum, but it woks on the Fuze as well. They're basically identical except for a few Fuze specific features (video, album art).

You might also want to keep an eye on Amarok 2. The current beta installs and runs on OSX, but is apparently still pretty buggy. It's a huge download because of the KDE baggage, but it's the Linux world's favorite media player and does support m3u.
http://rutsum.com/amarok-2-beta-on-m...ness-unlimited
Thanks for the heads up on the m3u playlist converter. Since it just converts the playlist, I will need to use a script I currently use to export the actual mp3s to the Fuze. Not exactly how I want to do it, but you do what you have to. I will test how well the two work together later tonight or tomorrow. Again, I will post my findings in case anyone else is interested in how well it works.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 PM

OH, you're looking for a playlist script? Sorry, I got a little confused!
How about SyncTunes?

Last edited by gabe565; 10-08-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe565 View Post
OH, you're looking for a playlist script? Sorry, I got a little confused!
How about SyncTunes?
... um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Link
SyncTunes has been withdrawn and is no longer available for download. For more inofrmation see here.
Sadly, they don't say why it was withdrawn. Worse, that would be PERFECT for what I need. If I can transfer podcasts to my Fuze I would be sooo happy. Apple probably flipped out on them. : sighs:

Edit: OH OH!!! Found a live link! http://mac.majorgeeks.com/download4834.html Going to try and test it out now ( I am at work). Sadly, it says it only works up to iTunes 6. Current version out is 8.0.1. Here's hoping

But ya, since they pulled it off their site, I am stuck. I want something like this: Copy my existing playlists (including the mp3s in said playlist) to my Fuze. Sounds like this would have done that and more. Oh well, thanks for the heads up about this app. Going to see if I can find it somwhere on the net.

Update: It works!!! It transferred the songs without a problem thankfully. Even my podcasts are being recognized by my Fuze. Only problem is that the m3u playlists aren't being recognize. I am messing around with it ATM and I will post to see if I can get it working. If so, I will post the dmg here for Mac users to access.

Update: Works Perfectly!!!!!!!!!! Uploading local copy now!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SyncTunes_v2.0.0b.dmg.zip (382.1 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by GumbyX84; 10-08-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Updating progress

Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the website at all. I just found it and posted it! But I'm glad you found a working link!
Did you get playlists to work on the version that you uploaded?

Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I didn't read the website at all. I just found it and posted it! But I'm glad you found a working link!
Did you get playlists to work on the version that you uploaded?
Everything works perfectly. I can even transfer my podcats with it. I wish I knew why the developer pulled it from their site, but am happy I found it.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM

It stinks because it won't get updates anymore, but it looks like it works pretty well! I'm going to tell my friend about it because he has a Mac + Sansa.

Maybe it was withdrawn because of this? It was on the news page, you probably already saw it, but I'll post it anyways.
Quote:
I have now received two more instances where SyncTunes has deleted files outside of the destination folder, from the root folder and down. I don’t know which version of the application was being used in one case but the other was v2.0.0 R1 which was replaced by R2 last September. Obviously, I don’t want anyone to lose their files and if anyone else has experienced this and not written to me, I sincerely apologise to you too. I have tested with v2 release 2 and cannot replicate this bug, but this is no help to the few that have been affected.

Since I haven’t received any volunteers for SyncTunes and I haven’t sufficient time allocate to it myself, I’ve decided to withdraw SyncTunes and have removed all download links to it. I have informed both Versiontracker and Macupdate of this too.

For those still using SyncTunes: please only use v1.6.1 or v2.0.0 release 2 [ from the v2 ZIP archive]. I will leave these pages here so that the documentation can be accessed.

I’d like to thank all of you for the mails over nearly 3 years, and the donations to Diabetes UK.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
if so, I will post the dmg here for Mac users to access.

Thank you so much, this has been killing me.
Will give it a go to see if I can get it working soon...

Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I applaud your tenacity GumbyX84. Well done!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Just to let everyone know, there's a working playlist editor that works without any problems!
It's called the Playlist Creator (very original)

http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php
Quick bump for this great piece of software!

I've spent the day trying to get my head around playlists on the Fuze and this is the only one that works without manual tweaks.

It is also very simple which suits me as all I want to do is to make .m3u playlists from songs already loaded onto the Fuze (MSC mode). I don't need a flashy skin or player, and I don't want to include files from my PC in the playlists.

Drag and drop doesn't seem to work in Vista but no biggie. Otherwise settings are as default. I add songs from the Fuze in MSC mode. Then I save the .m3u playlist to the root directory of the Fuze. It works!

The below are my thoughts on other software...

WinAmp and Media Monkey (latest versions) DON'T work unless you tweak the playslists manually in a text editor. WinAmp will allow you to make a playlist based on what is on the Fuze, but when it creates the .m3u file it puts an unnecessary "\ " before the filename and the Fuze cannot deal with it.

Media Monkey will not let you create playlists from the files on the Fuze, only from the files on your PC. It also adds an unnecessary "\" and more besides.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM

AutoM3U makes creating playlists a cinch, doesn't require any other program, and works in MSC mode. Specify 'Latin1' format, Save to 'Individual Folders', and Name as 'Folder'. Everything is automatic after that.

Part of the problem with non-working playlists might be that '#EXTM3U' (without the quotes) is missing as the first line in the m3u playlist. AutoM3U will do that for you.