android
Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 PM

Default songs save in unknown folder on zen vision m

Having just acuired a Zen 30gig vision M, and put about 20 cds onto it, Which saved into there correct names, I was putting some more on and now they are saving in unknown folder and not into the folders of there corresponding names. If anyone knows how to solve this, or if anyone has had this happen and figured it out what to do, i would appriciate it a lot, Thx.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-05-2008, 09:17 PM

If i understand your problem correctly... the problem is that the files you uploaded to the the ZVM didnt have the right track info on them?

try removing the unknown songs and reloading them but make sure the artist/album/track name is correct this time

hope it helps

Old 10-05-2008, 09:29 PM

hi thx for replying, no the song names are good, it just has unknown artist, and unknown name for the cd, so all the songs end up in an unknown folder,

Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreon77 View Post
hi thx for replying, no the song names are good, it just has unknown artist, and unknown name for the cd, so all the songs end up in an unknown folder,
Did you check the file name, the artist name, the title, and the album name? If the artist name or the album name are nonexistant it can mess up where the ZVM places it. Try retagging if all of those are correct.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 AM

yea the file names are there when i put them over to the zen, and i thought they would have gone to there correct places were they should have went too. i tried putting about 10 Cds which i have on my PC but they all end up in unknown folder with the correct name for the song, but no name for the artist, or Cd title. how do u retag the songs, I've not had it long and its a bit tricky using it, i had an ipod which is low matinence but it died on me. thx for your reply

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Tagging can be done using either Media Monkey, which manages all the Music on your PC and while I was a little daunted by it at first I wouldn't be without it now. For ensuring the MP3 tags are correct MP3TAG does exactly what it say's an is a quick easy method for ensuring all you music is correctly tagged.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 AM

Yea i sorted out kinda, but still a pain, the prob is some of the files are MPEG4 which the Zen Vison M don't support, so when i converted them over to MP3, they did not save the artist/Cd title, so now i am using Creative Media Sorce 5 Organiser, and manually changing the names and titles myself, it is tedious but i can get them in order atleast, i will check into Media Monkey and see if it does the job alot better, thx all for the replys, appriciated

Old 10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Media Monkey works very good for tags. I had alot of tags that were messed up(no album,on title) but with MM you just double click on any of the parts of the tag and you can modify it. There are quite a few others such as J River but Media Monkey and Music Match are the only ones I have used.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello Ayreon77. Welcome. Like you have found out, the ZVM, being an MTP device, organizes music files by ID3 tag information and not by File/Folders. In addition to the advice you have been given already:

What's the difference between an MTP and a MSC/UMS device? See here.
For more information on UMS/MSC.
For more information on MTP.
For more information on ID3 Tags and here.
ABI ID3 Tagging FAQ here.

Good luck and enjoy the ZVM!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

So i cannot add my songs on the Zen and they will find there way to there appropriate folders, That means i will have too type in every artist/title of song for everyone. That ID3 Tags sounds complicated and was alot easier when it just found the folder for itself.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreon77 View Post
So i cannot add my songs on the Zen and they will find there way to there appropriate folders, That means i will have too type in every artist/title of song for everyone. That ID3 Tags sounds complicated and was alot easier when it just found the folder for itself.
Ayreon 77 my friend, you are in the same situation I was in 3 years ago. Typing in all that info is such a hassle. Now here's what I want you to do, download this http://www.mediamonkey.com/download/ Just the free version is fine for now. Media Monkey is a tool, and when you learn how to use a few of the features it will save your sore fingers just like it did mine. It's perfect for tagging/retagging. It allows you for example to select all of your Aerosmith songs (let's say you've got 40 of them and the band name is in various states AEROSNIT,aerosmith,AERosmith,etc) and change the artist name of every track to Aerosmith. This could save you hours just with that feature. Download it , READ about it, and rerip your CDs. Believe me, everything you want to do can be done with Media Monkey, all you have to do is study it and figure out how to use it.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 AM

ok i will try mediamonkey your the 2nd person that's suggested it so i,ll give it a try, thx for the time, i will get back with you.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, MediaMonkey is popular. Any tagging I do, MP3Tag is all I use. In my opinion, it is the best FREE mass tagger around. I would at least check it out.

ABI ID3 Tagging FAQ here.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-14-2008, 02:26 PM

Yea ok Mediamonkey works great, it took awhile getting use to it but i managed to sort it out for what i need, thx for all the help, this will save alot of finger tips,

Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes it will. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Any tagging I do, MP3Tag is all I use. In my opinion, it is the best FREE mass tagger around. I would at least check it out.
Thanks for this one BobbyRS it works great

Old 10-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem . Did I mention I like it?

Zen FAQ

Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe you did. I wish I had heard of it a couple years ago

Old 10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, as many files I had to go through (still am with some), MP3Tag made all the difference in the world with me getting to a point of usability with my tags.

Zen FAQ