android
Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Default A Way to Convert In-Sync Video to the Fuze Without SMC?

I've been frustrated with Sansa Media Converter, as every file I try to convert with it gradually falls out of sync on the Fuze. There's a possible, if imperfect, solution --

That is, it turns out Rhapsody has its own conversion program that works with the Fuze. Using Rhapsody's converter, I've successfully converted to the Fuze hour-long files already converted from MPEG-2 to DivX, and to dimensions that I understand are compatible with the Fuze (specifically, 224x176, 20 fps, 128 audio bit rate). The files on the Fuze are in sync the whole hour through, when the same files converted with SMC eventually fall out of sync, and are noticeably out of sync after 45 minutes into the programming.

The bad news is that Rhapsody converts at a speed that is much slower than SMC, taking about 50 minutes to an hour to convert the DivX file.

I subscribe to Rhapsody, so I don't know for sure if you can use the Rhapsody software without subscribing.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

Hmm...I haven't tried converting very long files yet with my Fuze.

I've only converted 3-6 minute videos and they work great. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the head up.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul79UF View Post
Hmm...I haven't tried converting very long files yet with my Fuze.

I've only converted 3-6 minute videos and they work great. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the head up.
I went as far as 10-15 minute video podcasts last fall when I got my Fuze, and they played ok , but given the size of the screen, and the time required for the SMC to convert, as least on this old computer, I decided not to bother anymore.

I haven't even had SMC since before the New Year. I'm happy enough with the great sound, and the color for Album art, etc.