android
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 AM

Default Change Firmware.

Oki, So i got an Yp-t10JCB 3.06 US MTP. I`ve heard many ppl that wanted to switch to the korean firmware. Can someone tell med the advantage with doing this? I`m planning to do the same too, but dunno how to start. I`ve read the "how to change firmware" tread , but my english isnt that great, and I don`t understand parts of the answers.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2008, 05:50 AM

The Korean FW lets the computer see it as a "USB Mass Storage" device and can also be used with other OS (MTP is limited to Windows). This allows for more flexibility and different media managers work more seamlessly this way, some just don't like MTP (Winamp flat out crashes if my T10 is plugged in MTP mode!). You can also use it as a USB flash drive and slip some files onto it (MTP only allows recognized file extensions and formats to be copied). You can organize the library on the player more easily using Windows Explorer (dragging and dropping with UMS is far faster than hitting "copy" on the native file and then "paste" into the player). It also seems to have fixed tags reading on the player with M4A and OGG files (though I'm not sure if that was a fix in upgrading from 3.03 to 3.06). I am much happier with the player this way. The only caveat is that tracks purchased through Rhapsody (or Napster I think) won't play with UMS.

The thread I gleaned instructions from may be a bit confusing, but this is how I did it:

1. Decompress the Tcctool file to a folder (ex. c:\lafleur). Decompress the FW file to this folder
  2. Connect player to PC
  3. Go to the folder with the T10.ROM and T10.RSC files, highlight them both and hit Ctrl + C
  4. Down at the bottom of the drive list, you should see the T10 entry, click on it and hit Ctrl + V
  5. Prepare a sharp object of some kind (I used a safety pin)
  6. While the player is connected, hold the spring loaded switch down while sticking your sharp object into the reset hole on the lower rear of the case and release the switch
  7. If Windows says New Hardware Found, point it to the tcctool-driver-win32 folder
  8. Now run the patch_it file and something like this should appear:
    Code:
    C:\lafleur\tcctool.exe -d ypp2 *.rom
    tcctool v0.1 - (C) 2007 Dave Chapman
    This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
    warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

[INFO] Using device "Samsung YP-P2"
    [INFO] Searching for TCC device...
    [INFO] Found TCC device, uploading application.
    [INFO] Patching application uploaded successfully!

C:\lafleur\pause
    Press any key to continue . . .
  9. After completion, the player will flash a screen and shut off
  10. Disconnect the player and power it on
  11. It will update the firmware and shut off once again
  12. Power it on and it should be 100% UMS goodness

Now we're not quite finished because playback may be screwy, or the player won't play certain files. To remedy this, simply connect the player and copy all of your custom files (videos, music, games) to a temporary folder on your computer, then disconnect and turn on the player and go to its system settings menu and format. Then connect the player again and copy all of your files back. Should be right as rain.

Cheers

Note that I ran this on XP 32-bit, I'm not sure if it will work on Vista 32-bit, but it won't on XP or Vista 64-bit.

Last edited by oakie; 10-13-2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added some notes and link to tcctool with batch script file

Old 10-15-2008, 04:15 PM

When I`m gonna change firmware, wich firmware do i have to download. the first Korean one, or the last one 3.06?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 AM

Im not sure about that one, but I was just thinking, If you make it like a USB stick, could you somehow play Mp4's off it? Because I think its stupid to have bluetooth to send movies, just so no-one can play it.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 AM

@peew, what page are you looking at with the links? Normally any of the firmware that says 306MSC should be good, such as anything from this page.

@OwneddMuch, do you mean play files on a computer when the player is plugged in? If so, this is possible with the Korean/UMS FW. It acts like a little hard drive just like the *gasp* ipod

Old 10-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Yeh, thats what i was talking about, and thats really good =D

Old 10-17-2008, 04:52 AM

Smile Flashing a T10

Patching a T10.

This is the easiest way to do it, I think

Grab the tcctool-win32.zip and unzip it to a simple Folder say in drive C:\ , I just use "la" only because at that time I did not know how to spell LaFleur
tcctool link
http://haxx.rockbox.org/utils/tcctool/tcctool-win32.zip
Or say use msc a folder name if you are using that version.
Use Winzip its far better to use.
http://www.winzip.com/index.htm
Then get hold of patch_it.bat and copy that to the same folder.
patch_it.bat link
http://uploaded.to/?id=49lxrp
Get the T10 Firmware files from here
http://www.emodio.com/download/DownloadList.action

Unzip the files to the same directory as above and also to the DATA directory of the T10, I had a MTP US firmware, if you are using MSC firmware copy the 2 files to the root/base of the T10, ie, the drive letter of the T10.

This is what it looks like for me using the LaFleur Firmware version
C:\la\tcctool-driver-win32
C:\la\patch_it.bat
C:\la\readme.txt
C:\la\T10V.ROM
C:\la\T10V.RSC
C:\la\tcctool.exe
C:\la\tcctool-windows.txt

Then hold the power button and press the reset button
release the power button when your PC shows "new device/hardware found"
Do not let windows search for the driver, you must select it manually, you should point to this location as in my case C:\la\tcctool-driver-win32
After that is done just double click on patch_it.bat, I then got a dos window and after download finished , I got a paused message and to hit any key.

I think this is a lot easier than using the Run/Cmd thing.

P.S dont forget to backup your T10 files first, before you do the format thing.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 PM

I tried that, but it reset back to the US version, wth?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:26 AM

Default Use the MSC Fimeware

Check the version of software you are using, it must be MSC..

Old 10-18-2008, 05:04 PM

Nup, still says US MTP 3.03.

It's weird because when I was doing this, halfway through the T10 booted up with the La Fluer startup, I checked the firmware on the player, 3.03 MSC KV or whatever.

Why didn't it work?

Btw, are they gonna make an update for the T10 following the P2 update?