android
Old 10-13-2008, 02:33 PM

Default Transfering files with artwork in Vista

Hello all:

My new computer has Vista on it and I have been using my Vision:M in XP now for a year or so. I have been using the Sync Manager software in the past and it works great, but now I have been reading that Vista does not like the Sync software. In the past when I tried using Creative Explorer and Windows Explorer I had trouble with the artwork not showing. I have the artwork embedded in the files. I was planning on transfering the songs by drag and drop in Vista, will my artwork still show? Also, is there a Sync Manager for Vista I can download as I would prefer to continue transfering the way I have been but I have not been able to find anything yet.

Thanks again!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM

I have Vista and I have been using Media Monkey to tag and embed album art in the tag. I then use WMP to sync to my player and have never had any issues at all. Album art transfers (it goes into a folder on the Zen called "albums" and has a file extension of .alb). I suppose the zen uses that as an album art repository or some such, but have never had problems. Just don't install Creative software

Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I was planning on transfering the songs by drag and drop in Vista, will my artwork still show?
Most likely, no. It is best to use a sync manager to ensure thet album art gets synced and generated correctly on the Zen.

Quote:
Also, is there a Sync Manager for Vista I can download as I would prefer to continue transfering the way I have been but I have not been able to find anything yet.
Yup, MediaMonkey, WMP11, WinAmp....

Zen FAQ

Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the help! So I shouldn't try and install the Creative Sync Manager it sounds like? I was hoping I could get it to work since I am familiar with it.

Thanks!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I usually recommend not installing any of the Creative software at all with any OS. However, with Vista I would say........ no way.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 10-14-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Thanks again for the help!

So since it is recommended that I use a different sync program and I will be starting from scratch, which one should I use? MediaMonkey, WMP11 or Winamp, is one better then the next? I use MP3Tag for tagging and embedding my artwork thanks to these forums and it works great

Thanks again!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem! There is a lot of preference here for MediaMonkey and WMP11 here. MP3Tag is great. I use it too!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Thanks!

I think I will go with WMP11 then. So just plug in my Vision:m with the dongle to the computer via USB and let it auto detect it, right? Then open up WMP11 to sync? Anything I need to know before I try or any settings I need to change before I sync?

Thanks again!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Here's a few:

Disable auto-sync:

1. Select Tools from the menu bar
2. Devices tab
3. Right click on the device and select Change Sync Settings
4. Uncheck the Sync device automatically check box

To adjust or disable what folders WMP monitors for syncing:

1. Select Tools from the menu bar
2. Library tab
3. Monitor Folders button

To add album art:

1. Highlight the album you want to add album art too.
2. Right click on the songs and select "Find Album Info".
3. WMP will connect to Microsoft album art network so you can select the right album art.
4. Select the Sync tab.
5. Connect the ZVM.
6. Select the audio file(s) with new album art over to the sync section, and sync.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 AM

I just dragged/dropped all my music, and all 3000 tracks had their artwork! That's as simple as it gets id say...

BTW i'm using vista too...

The Budget IEM Shoot-out!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, I noticed drag-and-drop while keeping album art seems to work sometimes (for me). However, it only does this on Vista. I've yet to see it work this way on WinXP. Not sure exactly why it does do this on Vista (and sometimes doesn't) and not so on WinXP. It may have something to do with Vista natively supporting MTP or even having newer versions for better and more stable support.

Zen FAQ