android
Old 10-13-2008, 04:54 PM

Default Cannot move certain files to device

Ok, so I recently replaced the harddrive on my 30GB ZVM, and it's now an 80GB. I reinstalled the firmware and, after much trouble with getting windows to recognize it (I have xp), it finally does, as do WMP 11 and Ruckus. However, the Creative program does not recognize it, and WMP will not transfer files to it. I have been able to copy music by drag-and-drop, as well as most videos, but I cannot do so for my liscenced music (have to transfer with WMP), and the videos that I have converted (using AGK, and I followed all of the instructions exactly, so I am sure they are the right format) will not transfer. I was able to drag-and-drop the WMV files fine, but the .avi will not transfer, even after said conversion.

The error WMP gives me when I am trying to transfer stuff is as follows:
Quote:
Windows Media Player encountered a problem while synchronizing the file to the device. For additional assistance, click Web Help.
And the web help is useless, it just tells me to reinstall the drivers, which I have done multiple times, to no avail.

The fact that the creative program does not recognize it is not a problem, I just thought it might be relevant. I really just want to transfer my liscenced music, and the videos that I have spent hours converting (rather, having my computer convert :P).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
and the videos that I have converted (using AGK, and I followed all of the instructions exactly, so I am sure they are the right format) will not transfer. I was able to drag-and-drop the WMV files fine, but the .avi will not transfer, even after said conversion.
What kind of error do you get when you try to drag-and-drop the AVI files? What info does GSpot give you if you check one of the AVI files?

Quote:
The fact that the creative program does not recognize it is not a problem, I just thought it might be relevant.
It may.... The Creative software has been known to cause issues with detection and syncing. I would uninstall all of it since it isn't really needed and you don't use it.

Quote:
The error WMP gives me when I am trying to transfer stuff is as follows:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Windows Media Player encountered a problem while synchronizing the file to the device. For additional assistance, click Web Help. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
And the web help is useless, it just tells me to reinstall the drivers, which I have done multiple times, to no avail.
Make sure that WMP is not trying to sync everything. That way you get a better idea as to what is being synced. Also, I would do a Reset of the Zen (Reset hole) and then reconnect. Keep in mind, the embedded DRM may be the actual cause of it not allowing the sync.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM

The file type is not supported on this device. Then it says I should convert it (which I have already done). Oh also, these files should work, because most of them came from my Zen in the first place (at least, to this PC).

I uninstalled the Creative software using Add/Remove programs, which required a restart, but the programs are still there. I went to Remove programs again, and it's not on that list, but there is no uninstall file in the creative folder.

No I stopped it from doing that, but it also wouldn't sync everything and gave a similar error. I was just trying to sync a few playlists. And most of the songs I am trying to move with WMP are not protected, but there are some that are that I can't get there any other way.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterKnight View Post
The file type is not supported on this device. Then it says I should convert it (which I have already done). Oh also, these files should work, because most of them came from my Zen in the first place (at least, to this PC).
I would just try copying over anyway. I get this message some times and they still end up playing just fine.

Quote:
No I stopped it from doing that, but it also wouldn't sync everything and gave a similar error. I was just trying to sync a few playlists. And most of the songs I am trying to move with WMP are not protected, but there are some that are that I can't get there any other way.
Did you do a hard reset? What format are the playlists in? Were they created by WMP? Try syncing only the non-protected audio files and see if you get any errors.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 10-14-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM

I did try copying them, that error appears when I drop them in the folder. They won't copy, and the options are skip or cancel.

They are WMP playlists, and the ones I have tried copying were all unprotected. The error pops up not only when I try to transfer, but also when I first go to sync in WMP with the player connected. It recognizes it, and the name comes up, but it won't transfer.

Any ideas on removing the Creative software? Can I just delete all the files? I am sure there are some system files too that would need to be removed... is there some sort of uninstaller I could get, since apparently one is not included?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I did try copying them, that error appears when I drop them in the folder. They won't copy, and the options are skip or cancel.
Maybe try running the file through GSpot to get an idea what it consists of.

Quote:
They are WMP playlists, and the ones I have tried copying were all unprotected. The error pops up not only when I try to transfer, but also when I first go to sync in WMP with the player connected. It recognizes it, and the name comes up, but it won't transfer.
Are you able to drag-and-drop any of the same audio files onto the Zen using Windows Explorer?

Quote:
Any ideas on removing the Creative software? Can I just delete all the files? I am sure there are some system files too that would need to be removed... is there some sort of uninstaller I could get, since apparently one is not included?
If you uninstalled them through the Control Panel Add/Remove section, you should be good, but I would delete the program folders as well if since there are files left behind. Once the Creative software is uninstalled, perhaps try installing/reinstalling WMP11. This will reinstall MTP support in case any of the Creative software broke the compatibility.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 01:43 PM

I used Gspot, but what part should I look at? The obvious stuff that stands out is the same as what I chose with AGK, so I don't know how it helps...

Yes, I was able to drag the files on already, so it's not the files themselves.

Well yes, I did uninstall it that way, but what I meant was, it wasn't uninstalled. I can still run it (my computer made me reboot after I removed it), and all of the files are still there... even though it is no longer on the add/remove program list.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I used Gspot, but what part should I look at?
Try posting the results of GSpot so others can take a look.

Quote:
Yes, I was able to drag the files on already, so it's not the files themselves.
That and it helps ensure that MTP is working correctly.

It sounds as though your issue is with the sync software. Maybe a reinstall/upgrade of WMP11 will help or try using another sync program like MedaiMonkey for testing.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM

The program I use for my licensed music requires WMP to transfer files... I will try reinstalling it. Any ideas for getting rid of CME though?

Ok, here are the results from Gspot (I told it to save an export, but it doesn't look like there is much info in this file...nevermind I guess it's there, just hard to find.):
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspot report
FILE_NAME FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH FILE_SIZE CONT_AUDIO_STREAM_COUNT CONT_BASETYPE CONT_BYTES_MISSING CONT_INTERLEAVE_ALIGN CONT_INTERLEAVE_PRELOAD CONT_INTERLEAVE_TIME CONT_SUBTYPE CONT_TOTAL_BITRATE VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_AVI1 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_AVI2 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_CVD1 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_CVD2 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_DVD1 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_DVD2 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_SVCD1 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_SVCD2 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_VCD1 VIDEO_ASPECT_CONVERT_VCD2 VIDEO_ASPECT_SOURCE_MATCH VIDEO_ASPECT_TYPE_NTSC VIDEO_ASPECT_TYPE_PAL VIDEO_BITRATE VIDEO_CODEC_NAME VIDEO_CODEC_STATUS VIDEO_CODEC_TYPE VIDEO_DAR VIDEO_DURATION VIDEO_FIELDS_PER_SEC VIDEO_FRAME_COUNT VIDEO_FRAMES_PER_SEC VIDEO_H264 VIDEO_MPEG2 VIDEO_MPEG2_3X2 VIDEO_MPEG2_BFF VIDEO_MPEG2_I_L VIDEO_MPEG2_PPF VIDEO_MPEG2_PROG VIDEO_MPEG2_TFF VIDEO_MPEG4 VIDEO_MPEG4_BVOP VIDEO_MPEG4_GMC VIDEO_MPEG4_NVOP VIDEO_MPEG4_QPEL VIDEO_PAR VIDEO_PICS_PER_SEC VIDEO_QF VIDEO_SAR VIDEO_SIZE_X VIDEO_SIZE_Y AUDIO_BITRATE AUDIO_BITRATE_TYPE AUDIO_CHANNEL_COUNT AUDIO_CODEC AUDIO_CODEC_STATUS AUDIO_MPEG_STREAM_ID AUDIO_MPEG_SUBSTREAM_ID AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE EndOfRec

Old 10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

How about a screen shot of GSpot instead?

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 PM

Screen attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cv_screen.jpg (42.3 KB, 7 views)

Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Can you try using AVI 1.0 instead of AVI 2.0?

Use:
cont_subtype avi v1.0
instead of:
cont_subtype opendml (avi v2.0)

AVI 1.0/AVI 2.0

Zen FAQ

Old 10-18-2008, 11:49 AM

Ok sure I'll give it a shot, and edit this post with how it goes.

EDIT: Ok, I couldn't find anything like that in either AGK or GSpot, so I don't know what you mean. AGK doesn't let me pick a filetype at all, it automatically does AVI, or else I would have saved myself the trouble and just made them WMV.

Also, that link was pretty confusing, and it made it sound like the difference was filesize. All of the converted videos are under 300MB, so I don't think that's a problem.

Last edited by InterKnight; 10-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:36 PM

Sorry for a double post, but it has been a while since anyone has written anything here. Any ideas on how to fix these problems? It would be nice if I could get rid of the Creative programs...

Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not sure really....it was just a suggestion. I know there can be playback issues between 1.0 and 2.0. I haven't used AGK much. Have you considered using a different program to see if you get a different result?

Zen FAQ