android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 10-16-2008, 02:58 AM

Smile Sansa Fuze "Need programme for putting mp3s into playlists

I have just bought a sansa 8 gig fuze.in windows explorer i cannot see the playlist folder,and i am told that i have to have a separate programme to allow me to make playlists-can anyone advise "thanks"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not really because if you know how to make standard m3u playlist in MSC mode and Winamp, MediaMonkey, and few others can too.

Edit: There is lots people with tips and programs that will work on the Fuze.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 AM

If you use MSC mode, Winamp is a very simple way to go. Just drag files from the Fuze into Winamp's playlist editor, arrange as desired, then save the playlist to the Fuze's MUSIC folder. If you later want to edit the playlist, just drag the m3u file into the playlist editor. Simple.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 PM

Default In Responce..

Thank You For That,I Will Try Winnamp And Hopefully Be Successful Thanks.........Just One Thing Can You Tell Me What MSC Means,As I Do Not Know Thanks.........

Old 10-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Here is a FAQ: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...hread.php?t=87

Old 10-16-2008, 03:29 PM

The FAQ doesn't quite have the whole story. It's correct about MSC, this makes your player look just like a USB flash drive. Since it mounts as a drive letter, any tool that knows how to work with files can be used directly on your player. This give you maximum flexibility and the most choices to manage your player. It aslo works with any OS.

MTP is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft to support DRM copy protection. It's necessary for subscription services and the like. However, it does not mount as a drive letter, so you are limited to tools that specifically understand MTP. Also, Windows is the only OS with good support for MTP.

Note that despite what the FAQ says, syncing is not specific to MTP. Winamp, MediaMonkey and others all sync in MSC mode.

In general, if you don't need DRM support and you don't plan on syncing with Wndows Media Player, you're probably better off with MSC mode.

You can switch modes whenever you like, but note that your computer will unly see files on the player that were added under the current mode. So it usually best to delete everything of format before switching then add everything back under the new mode.