android
Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 PM

Default Player not reconized

Let me start off by saying I freaking hate the creative zen v plus. I've had it for about a year and I think its frozen every other day for the last month and a half. I always have problems with it. The latest one i cant solve on my own and need help. I plug it into the usb, the blue light comes on and it starts to charge, but when i try and go to creative media organizer thingy (where you add songs) its says not connected. I went into device manager and there was an error with zen. It says :

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Anyone kno how to fix this? I just bought the new Rise Against cd and can't put it on tthe zen, its super frustrating

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome why not 56. What version of Windows are you using and what version of WMP is installed?

Zen FAQ

Old 10-20-2008, 11:17 AM

I am using windows vista home premium and wmp....ummm. i don't know. Where would it say that? It is just whatever one comes with vista I guess...but I don't understand why this is occuring all of a sudden. I haven't changed anything about my computer and it is just getting this error all of a sudden...

oh, and there also seems to be a problem with charging. It was plugged in for 3 hours last night and when i took it out the batteries were still in red...i want to just get rid of this piece of junk but I have no money for a new mp3 so if anyone has solutions to these problems it would be much appreciated

Last edited by BobbyRS; 10-20-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Vista comes with WMP11 installed.

Try reinstalling the driver for the Zen V in Device Manager:

1. With the Zen connected, in Device Manager, expand the Potable Device category.
2. Right click on the Creative Zen listing and slect the Uninstall from the menu.
3. Once it is uninstalled, disconnect the Zen from the USB port.
4. Wait a minute, then plug it back in and take note in Device Manager that it refreshes and reloads the driver properly.
5. Once it reloads the driver properly, open My Computer and see if it shows correctly.

It also sounds as though you need a new battery. Check out EBay or Google for a replacement. Try to stick with a original or OEM battery for replacing.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-20-2008, 04:33 PM

yaya it worked!! you're my hero of the week :P i won't be getting a new battery though...too many problems with this thing. I will just hold out till christmas. Thanks again

Old 10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good! It's no probelm. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ