android
Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 AM

Here is a related hijack, but I am interested. What is your top five best players confied to just those flash palyers with capacity 8gb or higher?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Here is a related hijack, but I am interested. What is your top five best players confied to just those flash palyers with capacity 8gb or higher?
***MY*** top 5?

1. Sansa Fuze
2. Sansa Fuze
3. Sansa Fuze
4. Sansa Fuze
5. Sansa Fuze

I have only used one that meets the criteria.

Steve

Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
***MY*** top 5?

1. Sansa Fuze
2. Sansa Fuze
3. Sansa Fuze
4. Sansa Fuze
5. Sansa Fuze

I have only used one that meets the criteria.

Steve
I know you were a die-hard Clip guy, so I take it the Fuze has won you over too?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 PM

so is anyone considering making their own version of this top 10 list of best flash-based mp3 players? I would like to some more input as my only experience thus far has been the creative zen x-fi and that was to disastrous results, for my purposes anyway.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
so is anyone considering making their own version of this top 10 list of best flash-based mp3 players? I would like to some more input as my only experience thus far has been the creative zen x-fi and that was to disastrous results, for my purposes anyway.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...rs-of-2008.php
In all fairness, 1 of the 5 is a hard-drive player

Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...rs-of-2008.php
In all fairness, 1 of the 5 is a hard-drive player
but how reliable are hard-drive players nowadays? Granted mine was an ipod but the newer models have been less stable than the older ones.

I ask b/c i'm not at all informed and seek guidance

Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 PM

Aren't hard drive players rendered in operable if dropped or jostled too much? I am a bit warry of them for this reason, although I may have to eventually buy one because of the space offered by them.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Aren't hard drive players rendered in operable if dropped or jostled too much? I am a bit warry of them for this reason, although I may have to eventually buy one because of the space offered by them.

yeah that's exactly my concern. My old 3rd generation ipod has been dropped a few times (in it's very durable hard protective case) w/no worries. My last hard disk was the iPod Video which hasn't been treated as badly or as long and it has had tremendous "corruption" issues and so I've since got an iPod Nano (don't kill me!!!) after having nothing but frustrations with the zen x-fi.

and I am not really all that content with the storage space or the sound for that matter now that I've experienced better.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
yeah that's exactly my concern. My old 3rd generation ipod has been dropped a few times (in it's very durable hard protective case) w/no worries. My last hard disk was the iPod Video which hasn't been treated as badly or as long and it has had tremendous "corruption" issues and so I've since got an iPod Nano (don't kill me!!!) after having nothing but frustrations with the zen x-fi.

and I am not really all that content with the storage space or the sound for that matter now that I've experienced better.
I could be wrong, but I would think that given the potential for a hard drive player to be damaged from dropping it, that a silicone skin, which is soft and would cushion a little bit, would be preferable to one of the hard cases. However, you would need a seperate screen protector.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
but how reliable are hard-drive players nowadays? Granted mine was an ipod but the newer models have been less stable than the older ones.

I ask b/c i'm not at all informed and seek guidance
I haven't heard any complaints from the Zune owners, I don't think. I myself have never had a hard drive device though.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I would think that given the potential for a hard drive player to be damaged from dropping it, that a silicone skin, which is soft and would cushion a little bit, would be preferable to one of the hard cases. However, you would need a seperate screen protector.
i had the hard cases with rubber round the edges for shock absorbtion

Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
i had the hard cases with rubber round the edges for shock absorbtion
That sounds like a great compromise.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've never had a prob w/a hard drive based player. Only sold em', and those are still functioning to this day.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I've never had a prob w/a hard drive based player. Only sold em', and those are still functioning to this day.
So what is the best hard drive mp3 that you would recommend? I guess it can't hurt to give another brand a shot

Old 01-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I now have a Zune 120, had a Zune 30 (after the prob they had the other day, it's OK). I had an 80, but returned it (my bad), and I've been through a few ipod's (4g monochrome, 2g mini, 1g nano, 5.5g video, my son still has his classic 1g 80gb).

The best for SQ will be, IMO, the Zune 120. For capacity and sheer video video viewing power the Archos 5 & 7 will be the move. As for the ipod's, BLAH!!!! SQ is mediocre at best, the Archos players now kick the apple's azz!!! & the Zune toasts the pod's as well (& the Archos for SQ).

You just need to decide if you want a smaller sized player w/a touch of video, or a larger player w/a touch of tunes.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I know you were a die-hard Clip guy, so I take it the Fuze has won you over too?
Actually I haven't used the Fuze very much yet. Due to life since Christmas, I haven't actually used either much. Should have got one out for snow shovelling a couple of times though.

However, the poster's question was what are "MY top 5 flash players with 8GB+". I have only ever heard one. Thus my response.

Steve

Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Actually I haven't used the Fuze very much yet. Due to life since Christmas, I haven't actually used either much. Should have got one out for snow shovelling a couple of times though.

However, the poster's question was what are "MY top 5 flash players with 8GB+". I have only ever heard one. Thus my response.

Steve
Well, I use mine in completely different ways.My Fuze 4+8 stays in the house, filled to near-capacity with the old stand-by music......I leave 150MB free for podcast use. Each night at about 2300, I transfer the days podcasts onto it, listen to them, and to avoid the refresh, I wait till they're all done, and use the computer to delete them en masse. My Clip 2GB is the closest thing to a playlist that I have....my current heavy rotation is on it, and it goes everywhere I go. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I think you'll enjoy the Fuze also. Just don't try to watch Jurassic Park or Lord Of the Rings on it.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I expect to continue to continue to use the Clip a lot for walking, grass cutting & other puttering around. We have also used it in the car a lot. I usually use it on shuffle, sorta my current fave playlist. But I loaded a bunch of Xmas songs, and created an Xmas playlist. When my wife used it on an airy-plane trip, I set up a Helmut Lotti playlist for her.

I have different hopes for my Fuze (8 + 1 at the moment). So far it is a new toy. I may use the picture feature, but bought a portable digital frame as well. Neither it or the Fuze really works the way I want for that.

I hope to use it for short videos, but haven't bought a camcorder yet. 6 month old granddaughter in the family, and would like a portable method of showing off videos when we get some. I should have tried the video feature of a digital camera at Christmas (only got 4 digital cameras with that capability), but didn't.

So far the refresh (Clip or Fuze) isn't a problem, because I rarely update the contents immediately prior to use. If I start to have multiple micro SDHC cards and want to change the card to show off pics or videos, it could become a real nuisance.

Right now, I'm sitting at the computer listening to the Fuze. The Clip is great, just clip it to my shirt, and if I move around, no problem. The Fuze is on the desk, and almost on the floor a few minutes ago when I turned around to put some paperwork away. May have to get more shirts with a Fuze pocket.

Steve

Old 01-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Right now, I'm sitting at the computer listening to the Fuze. The Clip is great, just clip it to my shirt, and if I move around, no problem. The Fuze is on the desk, and almost on the floor a few minutes ago when I turned around to put some paperwork away. May have to get more shirts with a Fuze pocket.

Steve
Fortunately, I was in the habit of getting T-shirts with the pocket from when I smoked.....now I have something healthier in the pocket. I have done that though, almost hit the floor with it....a little moment of you don't need.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:01 AM

theres probably a simple answer but why arent there flashes with more than 32gb's......
is it pricey
is it just impossible whaaaat..........
i love to watch movies and have quite a bit of music so my flash mp3 is already struggling......