android
Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Zencast - autodelete played podcasts?

Does the Zencast application recognize when podcasts (zencast, whatever) have been played and does it then automatically delete them from the computer and device?

I have struggled to find a freeware application to do this with my Meizu so I may take it back and get the Z V Plus instead.

I must have good podcast management. iTunes has it. If Creative does not then....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Default What Podcast Program do you use to subscribe to podcasts?

Looking for a nice Windows based program that isn't buggy and just does the job well and plays nicely with the ZV+.
Thanks!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:16 PM

So seriously, does no one podcast with their Creative Zen Vision+? Should I use the "zencast" software?

Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 PM

You could try Juice, or one of the billion apps found here.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the post. I actually had checked that already, but was looking to see what people have successfully used (and enjoy/like for a particular reason). Do you use Juice with yours? Do you like it?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:23 AM

ZENcast organizer seems adequate to me. The interface may not be terribly intuitive but I didn't find it too difficult to figure out. I've been able to subscribe to several podcasts that I didn't see on the ZENcast web site by coping the subscription info.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM

Default AutoDelete a played podcast?

Having trouble keeping track of my played podcasts.
Is there a way to have the Vplus autodelete a played podcast on sync?

I have read many posts about an autoplaylist in WMP11 using a playcount=0, but haven't been able to get it to work properly. The playlist in WMP seems to update, but nothing gets deleted on the V.

What is the best solution for managing the podcasts? I have tried the Zencast, but am having trouble with deleting my played podcasts - remembering which ones I've already listened to. I listen to a lot of them.
I tried the "cleanup" feature, but it only cleans a specified number, not "played" or "unplayed"

This seems like a basic task - Move new podcasts to the player and delete the played ones. Am I missing something?

I have a Zen Vplus 1G, and XPSP2. I am not picky about what programs I use, I just want it to keep track of my played podcasts

Jay

Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Delete manually on the player....? if there is a delete function

Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM

Manually!? That is what technology is for - automation. I think I may have found the solution with the autoplaylist, but have more bugs to work out.

Jay

Old 10-20-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Zen V: a good podcast player?

Hi:

Deleting the podcast directly from the player is exactly what I like to do. I'm so absent minded that I forget what I've listened to before the next sync. I am looking for a player and the ability to delete from the player or I guess at least the ability to "mark off tracks" is a must for me.

On to my point, do I understand that there is a delete option on the Zen V? I'd been quite tempted to get the new Zen (which I assume has similar functionality), but was put off my some posts suggesting a less than ideal podcast player. Pause and resume seems rather problematic in the entire Zen line from that I gather. It will remember where you stopped if you power down the player while playing, but not if you make the mistake of pausing then powering down? What the????

Then there is the resuming from within a playlist (which ignores the playlist)... this sounds rather silly also.

I guess I'm just looking for some opinions on the Zen line as a good podcast player.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:26 PM

Default Zencast

Ok, So I went to Zencast and i had my Zen plugged in. I downloaded and Ign podcast. I have no idea how to get it on to my zen. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:00 PM

Default Use the transfer button

Hi. I use Zencast all the time and find it great for downloading many podcasts and synching them to my zen v+. First, make sure your player is connected to your computer. After downloading your podcast, click on the channel, click the transfer button at the top of zencast organizer, then click the transfer button in the transfer dialog box. That should do it.

spike-o

Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM

Default Podcast Transfer Error... It's in WMA

This has been a HUGE headache! First the Zencast didn't want to recoginize ANY feeds. Finally I found what I wanted and it worked. I downloaded all the casts and when I try to put them on my player I get a transfer error message. I dont' know how to fix this and I am exhausted! I really need to get these on here by tomorrow help!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM

Default How to load podcasts onto Creative Zen V Plus efficiently?

I like podcasts and I like my Creative Zen V Plus. However, loading podcasts onto my Zen is teeeedious. There must be a more efficient way! I hope someone on ABI can point me in the right direction.

My problem is that I have to set the downloaded podcast files to load into their respective playlists one group of podcasts at a time. I hope I'm explaining myself clearly... Maybe an example would help: I download podcasts for BBC Radio 4's Excess Baggage and for Science Friday (among many other podcasts). When I go to upload my Excess Baggage podcasts I cut them from my podcast directory (where they're downloaded) and paste them into my Zen Excess Baggage playlist. I then have to wait until they're copied over (a couple of minutes) before I repeat the process with my Science Friday podcasts. It's a very tedious process and I'm guessing there must be a more efficient way. Any suggestions?

(With my Zen's predecessor (the Muvo), I could set a bunch of different podcasts to load to their respective folders simultaneously. Because I didn't have to do them sequentially it was much easier (just set them all loading up and let it work away in the background).)

Would really appreciate some hints!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 AM

Default Podcasts - Help needed please !

I'm trying to load radio programmes onto my new Zen V-plus. Managed to download a podcast to the computer, but could someone pls give me an
'idiots step-by-step' guide to getting it from here to the V-plus.

Thanks in advance, Ivan

Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM

Ivan,
I have always used Zencast which has always worked for me. Media Monkey 3.03 also now supports podcasts but I haven't used this. You should have had a copy of Zencast Organiser with the Zen V. I'm by no means a geek and I managed to get it working. Failing that give details of your operating system etc and I'm sure you'll get support

Old 09-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can find an updated ZenCast Organizer file on the Creative Support website. Go to Creative.com click support >downloads>Mp3 player> your player

Old 09-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can try downloading here:
Creative ZENcast Organizer 2.01.01 Suite

Zen FAQ

Old 11-05-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Podcasts on the Zen V Plus

Ok, couple of quick questions on the Zen V Plus.

I know the zen supports bookmarking, but do you have to manually make a bookmark on podcasts each time you stop? The zen doesn't remember where you stopped a podcast at like an ipod would?

When shuffling/random play all...why does the zen also include podcasts in the shuffle? Is there anyway to disable this?

Last question...

When I browse to a genre on the zen, is there anyway to get it to shuffle/random play in that genre only? I can't seem to find the way to do it.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with main Podcast/Zencast thread.

Quote:
I know the zen supports bookmarking, but do you have to manually make a bookmark on podcasts each time you stop? The zen doesn't remember where you stopped a podcast at like an ipod would?
Bookmarks: Click and hold the "Back" button. It will bring up a context menu with an option to set bookmarks.

Resume Playback: While playing the file, simply turn the player off, without pausing.

Quote:
When shuffling/random play all...why does the zen also include podcasts in the shuffle? Is there anyway to disable this?
Playlists: Make a Playlist of all music, but do not include podcasts.

Quote:
When I browse to a genre on the zen, is there anyway to get it to shuffle/random play in that genre only? I can't seem to find the way to do it.
Use the playlist created above and set to shuffle playback.

Hope that helps.

Zen FAQ