android
Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Zen has major problems booting up

Hello,

I've had my zen for about three months now and on day I took it out to listen to it and it turned on fine, but after a moment it froze. I reset it and it kept doing it.

I downloaded the mp3 recovery tool and did not help. I was using 1.21.01 (I think) and it might turn on, but would freeze soon after.

The 'freeze' could be 1)a blank screen w/ led lighting on, 2) there would be funky colours on the screen and a freeze, or 3)it would just freeze.

after a while it just would freeze a little bit after it was turned on. Sometimes it wouldn't even make it past the Creative screen.

So I thought I might get an older firmware, 1.13.01. It didn't work and now I can't even reach the recovery screen

Please help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome M1Garand50. Have you booted into Recovery Mode (see the Zen FAQ) and done a Cleanup yet? If a Cleanup doesn't help, you may want to consider reloading the firmware from within Recovery Mode or even doing a Format. Just keep in mind that doing a Format will erase all of your files.

If none of the above seems to correct your problem, I would either try to get a replacement from where ever you purchased the Zen or contact Creative for warranty services.

Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 PM

Yes, I've done all that, multiple times. I was thinking of taking it back, but I'd like to save it.

I also reloaded the newer firmware, but now it won't even turn on.

This smarts/

Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, I would really consider returning it or taking advantage of the warranty. I know you would like to keep it, but warranties are there for this reason. Your Zen should not be doing this.

Zen FAQ

Tags
boot, freezes, problems, zen