Old 12-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with existing thread.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Make sure you have the proper codecs installed on your computer to handle the encoding/decoding.
Where am I able to install the proper codecs? I also do know it'll make thing larger I just won't let me transfer the files ._.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defnist47 View Post
Where am I able to install the proper codecs? I also do know it'll make thing larger I just won't let me transfer the files ._.
Try and make sure you have WMP11 (preferred) or WMP10 installed for the codecs and at least DirectX 9 for a decoder.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 12-26-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:01 PM

I have WMP11 but how do i check what direct X I have..

Last edited by Defnist47; 12-26-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Sorry for double post but the videos won't transfer, i think I need to download them as a WMV file or a creative file?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So, you got them converted correctly?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Im trying media convert, for some reason the any video converter kept turning off my pc after 20mins.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Im trying media convert, for some reason the any video converter kept turning off my pc after 20mins.
Make sure you have the option unchecked for "Shutdown computer when encoding finished" under Edit -> Options -> General.

Also, I don't think you will be able to get AVC to convert to MJPEG that the Mozaic needs anyway.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Make sure you have the option unchecked for "Shutdown computer when encoding finished" under Edit -> Options -> General.

Also, I don't think you will be able to get AVC to convert to MJPEG that the Mozaic needs anyway.
xD well I got rid of it anyway :P im downloading the video as a AVI and the instructions on the faq so it should work

Just now: It didn't work -.- convert unsuccesful, there is 2 vids that can work and there .wmv so ima try downloading it as a .wmv

Later on.. didn't work convert unsuccesful .-. I have the video as a AVI, Flash and WMV it wont transfer
If you have any ideas im all for it, maybe i need the latest firmware or something?

Last edited by Defnist47; 12-28-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
xD well I got rid of it anyway :P im downloading the video as a AVI and the instructions on the faq so it should work
The instructions in the FAQ is for the newer Zen and Zen X-Fi. They will not work for the Mozaic.

Quote:
Later on.. didn't work convert unsuccesful .-. I have the video as a AVI, Flash and WMV it wont transfer
If you have any ideas im all for it, maybe i need the latest firmware or something?
Read this thread from the beginning to get an idea.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Help me plz

Hello 2 weeks ago i got my new ZEN mozaic i think its 8gb model. Its working very well but i have problems with videos and films.

I cant find any format which is good for Mozaic. I tryied everything from this forum and topic all converters etc. Whole time Mozaic cant show me my videos becouse folder is empty or i cant whach it becouse format is not good.
Im looking for some program which will convert my flv. videos into something what will work on my mp3. If you can please help me

Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello and welcome. Please see this post.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 PM

I tryied VirtualDub but am not 100% sure to which format should i convert video from options there, i tryied AVI and the same "video format is not supported". About creative softwere i should use Creative Centrale or what ?

Old 01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

From here:

Quote:
I believe the Mozaic is similar in regards to video playback capability as the Zen V Plus. In that I mean it uses the AVI container with MJPEG as the video stream and MP3 as the audio stream, but with a resolution or 128 x 160 pixels. You can use either the Creative Video Converter software or try using this guide with VirtualDub.
So far, all that I have seen/heard is that Creative's software is the only successful program that can convert videos for the Mozaic.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-13-2009, 05:30 PM

Im sorry Bobby but its still not working i downloaded Tipard Creative Zen Video Converter in profile i selected "Creative Zen 160*120 AVI(*.avi)"... I see video on my mozaic but when im trying to play that its still the same "video format is not supported"....

Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Creative video converter that is within the Creative Centrale software only.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Ok so can you show me please Creative converter where i can download that or from where i can get it? Im sorry for my problems but im not good in compurers and softwere :P

Old 01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Either from the CD that came with the Mozaic or Creative's website. Download the Creative Zen Mozaic Starter Pack v1.04.05. This may help as well.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Ahh thank you very much ! That is what i was looking for, now everything is working well Thanks Bobby

Old 01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Tags
bitrate, encoding, mozaic, super, video