android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM

Default Zen V Plus - Non UK Firmware ?

Hi all,

I live in the UK & have unsuccessfully been attempting to download the non UK version of the ZENVPlus_PCFW_L22_1_32_01e.exe Firmware.

To the best of my knowledge, the "e" is for European & the only difference being the volume restriction being applied in this version.

Whenever I attempt to download from Creative.com, I invariably seem to get re-directed to download the European version.

The issue I have is when plugging the Zen into my Stereo, I have to turn both the volume on the Zen up to maximum & also turn the volume on the amp up rather high to achieve anything approaching similar volume levels as other sources. & if you, (.... As I managed to do yesterday evening), suddenly switch to a high level source ( eg CD player), without first remembering to reduce the volume control on the amp. The result can be rather upsetting to the speakers & the cat.

As a 40 'something' year old, my desire to melt my eardrums have deminished, but I would rather like to keep my speakers intact.

So, I am looking for a URL that people on here feel is safe ( as opposed to downloading from an unknown source with all the inherant dangers that can bring)

Any help on this would be apreciated.
Chris

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]