android
Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 AM

Unhappy Convert RAX to MP3 for the Zen 32G

Is there a quick, effective, inexpensive (free) way to convert all of my music downloaded from Real Player (and in RAX format) into Mp3? I just downloaded RealPlayer Plus for $39.00 b/c it said it could do this - but it didn't. A Google search pulled up a history of these questions dating back to 2005... but none of the fixes suggested work (maybe cause its almost 2009 and I am clearly wayyyyy behind the times!). Apologies if you have answered this question 1,000 times.... but after several hours of searching, downloading, rebooting, testing, and making no progress... I am hoping someone can just provide me a simple answer.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-15-2008, 06:30 AM

Are these RAX files DRMed/copy protected? If yes, there's probably little chance to convert them digitally. Maybe there's a choice of burning them to an audio CD with Real Player, like it's possible with protected iTunes tracks. Another option would be taking advantage of the "analog hole" with some stream recorder program that captures the output of your soundcard and re-records it.

If the files aren't copy protected you could try SUPER to convert them.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Maybe there's a choice of burning them to an audio CD with Real Player, like it's possible with protected iTunes tracks.
Yeah, this was the most popular way that I remember people getting their RAX files into another format.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-15-2008, 04:39 PM

Default Cool Audio Converter for RAX - Finally!

Thanks for this. As I have hundreds of songs this would be too difficult. I did just find a really cool program that takes care of this. Its called "Sound Taxi" and it costs $20.00 http://www.soft29.com/rax_converter.htmlTotal

Another cool program (not for RAX but other things) is "Total Audio Converter". It also costs $20.00.
http://www.coolutils.com/TotalAudioConverter

Last edited by T-L-H; 11-15-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, if you're the paying kind, I've heard that ********* also woks well. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 AM

Simple? Maybe.but a bit time consuming.
I have a zen vision m and itunes doesn't like it.I use recording software to record "what u hear" while i'm listening to the song from itunes and then save it as a wave file to a folder on my hd. (You can record anything you hear from any format). Now I have a backup. Then I put in my wave editor and chop of the silence on each end and save as a wma file. You can save it as an mp3 as well. Then I bring it into wmp11, create a playlist and sync it to my device.
You can manually add all the info about the song in wmp,but no art...which is okay because I don't look at the sceen while i'm listing to my player. It's usually in my pocket.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digibob View Post
Simple? Maybe.but a bit time consuming.
I have a zen vision m and itunes doesn't like it.I use recording software to record "what u hear" while i'm listening to the song from itunes and then save it as a wave file to a folder on my hd. (You can record anything you hear from any format). Now I have a backup. Then I put in my wave editor and chop of the silence on each end and save as a wma file. You can save it as an mp3 as well. Then I bring it into wmp11, create a playlist and sync it to my device.
You can manually add all the info about the song in wmp,but no art...which is okay because I don't look at the sceen while i'm listing to my player. It's usually in my pocket.
..... and that's not time consuming? I would still prefer burning them to CD and re-ripping to the exact quality and format I would want without any further recordings or conversions to degrade the sound quality.

Zen FAQ