Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Default How to use Zen without the prepackaged software and other questions

I am not very tekkie. I spent literally hours researching and searching for information on how to use my Zen without the prepackaged Zen software, and I still know nothing.

I also need some information about the Zen, if you can help.

1) How do I move songs from my collection (kept on an external drive) on to the Zen without using the software?

2) I have WMP10 on my WinXP computer. I saw that it has a database/grid so I can tag information for my songs. Do I have to take my songs from my external hard drive and put it into the WMP10 first, then work on them, and THEN somehow move them to the Zen?

3) Without the software, how do I get the Zen to "shuffle" the songs? Or even play the songs without Zen software on the Zen player?

Comment: it doesn't shuffle very well now, with the software. It plays the same songs over and over, and I have at least 800 of the 1250 on there I've never heard unless I find them myself and play them. Sort of defeats the purpose of "shuffle" if I have to manually pick each song...

4) On the Zen, one of the system audio settings is "normal." What does this mean?

5) Where is there an online manual to tell me about all the various features of the Zen and what the submenu choices mean? I've been all over the nomad/creative site today and found very little information.

6) I've used system-audio settings-shuffle and I've also used Music-DJ-random play all and still I rarely get any variation in the tunes the Zen picks. What's a work-around for this?

7) If I make a playlist, is there a limit to how many songs can be on the playlist? Can I put like 800 songs on a playlist?

If so, how do I get the Zen to play the playlist without the Zen software on the player?

Will it then just play one song after another without stopping and having me manually forward the tunes?

Thanks in advance for all your ideas, information, and help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]