android
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Which one should I buy?

Between:

Sony Walkman 4GB E436 - $79.99 (CDN)
Sony Walkman 4GB A726 - $139.99 (CDN)

I was doing some research and the only difference I found between these two were the "Screen Size" & "Battery Life."

I heard the A736 had better "Sound Quality" & "Picture Quality." I don't know id it is even true because wouldn't Sony make all there High Class (if you call) MP3 with the same Sound Quality or improving? Well, I don't know. (D

I heard there are more Sony MP3's releasing (E-Series) but I don't know if that is true or not.

Just wondering, should I buy one of those two if so which one or should I wait and see what comes next in the production?

Thanks for Reading.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 PM

I went for a E436, and this is how I justified the shop:
Quote:
I'm a few days apart from buying that one.

I was thinking too about the more expensive series, but i've got my eyes set on the e436. And I'm limited in my budget. But when there's no money, you alwys find the right excuses why not get the fancier.....so did i think with my head cool. Check it!

The A series has bluetooth headphones, and the headphones are big because of that. I like it small and BT is a waste of battery life to me.
Noise Canceling is not of interest to me. I actually like the outdoor sound. I have to be carefull walking on the street, walking over the road. Or riding a bike. You never know If a car or bus might be aprroaching and you don't see it or hear the horn if thats the case. Listening the music itself sets me into a fantasy world of my own, without Noise Canceling.
Clear Stereo & Clear Bass? I have NWE107 and even though I've experimented with Bass&Treble option, I learned to love it in default 0/0 setup. Just mp3 as it is. For me it's enough the song is encoded in stereo, and i listen mp3 for a reason: To get rid of redundance of sound in CDquality the human ear doesn't register anyway. And bass..isn't my ride.

There. If I'd justify my buy of E436 this would be it.
Now just to select to, should i encode the files to 128kbps or 160kbps, for longer battery life =)

I'm a proud user of Sony's pink NW-E107. YEs, you read it. PINK When I went on a chase for a mp3 player then, this line was being replaced with some Sony BEANS mp3 shaped players. My local dealer just replaced it so searched the local net for possible dealers in my country. I found one, made contact. They had one in the warehouse. When it shipped it came and a went to pick. Boy oh boy how the store guy looked at the content of the box to check if everything was alright It look kind redish with the lights in that store. I accepted it like it was on of my own children that I currently don't have =D

Ummm, so your thought son sony, mp3 walkman line, my pick...?
I was very carefull about marketing of these devices when i was inquiring before buying. Since I care about battery life (my NW-E107 could pull roughy 70h of playback at ATRAC 105kbps) there were times when i freaked out. I would read about 30h of video playback!!!! but that was just how much video fits in 4/8/16GB not the actual battery life. I think the battery's the same in all WALKMAN's, it's just the features that differentiates them. But I'm not so spoiled nor a brat ...I had carefull thought

Did do your research? Waged you thoughts like I?
If you have money, maybe that will trip you into buying the best.
I could only do for a Economic class. But I like to think of it as the core player, without any dirt. What NC, Sound Quality algorythms???...i even use qqulizer on default =D

Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 PM

You can probably get an 8 GB A728 at Circuit City or Best Buy for around $150. Bigger display and great sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
Between:

Sony Walkman 4GB E436 - $79.99 (CDN)
Sony Walkman 4GB A726 - $139.99 (CDN)

I was doing some research and the only difference I found between these two were the "Screen Size" & "Battery Life."

I heard the A736 had better "Sound Quality" & "Picture Quality." I don't know id it is even true because wouldn't Sony make all there High Class (if you call) MP3 with the same Sound Quality or improving? Well, I don't know. (D

I heard there are more Sony MP3's releasing (E-Series) but I don't know if that is true or not.

Just wondering, should I buy one of those two if so which one or should I wait and see what comes next in the production?

Thanks for Reading.