android
Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM

Default Sleep timer for Fuse

Well, I must say that I am glad that I discovered that there is no sleep timer on the Fuse. I was just about to order one (knowing the Clip has the sleep timer) and found out the Fuse does not have this feature. I use MP player for audio books and like to fall asleep listining to them. With no timer, I would have a dead battery every morning. Is this a firmware issue or is it something mechanical that must be built in? Please excuse my ignorance.

I would not purchase one without this feature, so I'm wondering if it might be addressed in future firmware?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
Well, I must say that I am glad that I discovered that there is no sleep timer on the Fuse. I was just about to order one (knowing the Clip has the sleep timer) and found out the Fuse does not have this feature. I use MP player for audio books and like to fall asleep listining to them. With no timer, I would have a dead battery every morning. Is this a firmware issue or is it something mechanical that must be built in? Please excuse my ignorance.

I would not purchase one without this feature, so I'm wondering if it might be addressed in future firmware?
depending on how long your file is....you can set the fuze to power off after being paused for a predetermined length of time, as it would pause when reaching the end of a podcast, for example.....does this help? I have no audiobooks

Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

The clip and Fuze have essentially identical hardware, so thats not the issue.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:34 PM

hopefully this problem will be addressed in the next firmware

a good christmas present