android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Firmware will not erase...

Hello dear Zen community, I have a problem, hopefully you can help...

Recently my ZVM60gb froze mid-recording. No probs, this has happened before, so just reset. Then it said it was rebuilding etc, but took ages. I thought it must have crashed so tried resetting again, same story. Left it for a couple of hours and it had switched off. Then wouldn't charge initially, but after several attempts I got it to eventually.

So now we get to the main problem: Upon startup, at the 'ZEN' screen, I'm greeted with !Firmware Problem! Straight into recovery mode. After a clean up and reboot, same story. Obviously that's corrupt. The problem is, I've downloaded the latest firmware (I was on it anyway) but can't put it on my device because it won't erase the firmware on it.

My question is: how long does it take to erase firmware? I've left it for hours and it still just says 'Erasing Firmware...' Am I just being impatient, or am I right in thinking it shouldn't take this long? What do I do? If there is a way to manually remove firmware I'd like to do that, as it's recognized on my pc ok.

Thanks for any help if you decide to give it,

James.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]