android
Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM

Default Best way to clean Fuze screen and protective plastic?

Hi all. I noticed that my screen is getting dirty, even though I leave my black sleeve on the Fuze that came with the product in the box. And there's one scratch on it!

But it's tiny and hard to see. I was just wondering what's the best way to clean the screen? Should I use one of the wipes that are out there for computer monitors? With or without alcohol? Or is there a cheaper way to do it?

And any recommendations for what to use to protect the screen? I've been looking for cases to put the Fuze in, but none of them are designed to protect the screen. Should I just get one of those protective plastic sheets that I can buy at Wal-Mart?

Thanks all!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2008, 10:42 AM

Computer monitor wipes are great, they will do no harm. Just don't use paper towels, they contain wood fibers and might scratch the screen in the long run.

Personally, I pilfer my girlfriend's cotton makeup pads and clean my devices with 70% rubbing alcohol.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:53 AM

For light scratches on the screen I wouldn't hesitate to use a plastic polish, such as Mequires, Plexus, etc (I use those for motorcycle windshields) and a microfiber cloth. I managed to buff out some fairly nasty scratches on a Blackberry screen.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 PM

Toothpaste, anybody?

Old 11-28-2008, 09:14 PM

I've been using a Microfibre cloth on my Fuze since I got it. Works like a charm. Can't help you about the scratch as I don't have any on mine. Been using a clear poly case.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
I've been using a Microfibre cloth on my Fuze since I got it. Works like a charm.
I got a few free promo ones lately and they work great.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-29-2008, 11:14 AM

I tend to use those little cleaning cloths that come with eyeglasses. You can find those cheap at any optical shop (Walmart, etc).

Old 11-29-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
Can't help you about the scratch as I don't have any on mine. Been using a clear poly case.
Thanks for the answers everyone! Sansaguy, mind telling me where you got your case from? I can't find any except the 3 pack from gigaware at Radioshack.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roony View Post
Thanks for the answers everyone! Sansaguy, mind telling me where you got your case from? I can't find any except the 3 pack from gigaware at Radioshack.
Well I've had mine for 8 months now. I know I got it on Ebay but forget where exactly. I did a quick search of Ebay Canada and they are available. The one I saw was for $7.98 US but you will probably get a better deal if your living in the US on Ebay.com

A word of warning: The poly case I have is thick meaning that I have to remove the case to plug/unplug the USB cable and to insert/remove memory cards. To me it's a small price to pay for the protection you get from a poly case. The case you get might be different?. If this is something that doesn't sit well with you then you'll have to go with other options.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC