android
Old 11-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Cool Things I Would Realy Like to See

I'm very excited about the P3 because of its mono speaker support

I'm aware that these vary in likelihood of occuring (if at all). But listed in the order from most probable/plausable to least, numbered for priority are improvements I would like to see

(2) Ability to distinguish the use of a mono speaker for calls and bt headphones for music
(3) Customizable Interface
(4) Increased Interface Sensitivity
(1) Text Message Support to/from cell via Bloodtooth
(5) Wifi or Supported Wifi Add-On + Browser

these 5 things would take the device from being useful to being basically perfect

That said, the samsung definately went the right direction. From the perspective of someone eager to have a touch phone but locked in a contract, this is the ideal solution (especially given its features). The style of the device itself is perfect (size, shape), integrated bluetooth with a2dp is a rarity and the processor for mp3 is more then adequate for fluent use. The addition of the mono speaker to the P3 has almost sealed the deal for me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Lightbulb

What is the point of a browser? If your in a wi-fi spot that means that their are computers near by so why would you use a mp3 player with a 3" screen to go on the web when you can use a computer? On the iphone I would understand because you can access the internet from anyware using AT&T's 3G network. But on a mp3 player......well you get the point.

Thats why the itouch is so dumb. Plus the internet doesnt have flash on the itouch....so internet on a mp3 player is kinda dumb.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOsasu View Post
What is the point of a browser? If your in a wi-fi spot that means that their are computers near by so why would you use a mp3 player with a 3" screen to go on the web when you can use a computer? On the iphone I would understand because you can access the internet from anyware using AT&T's 3G network. But on a mp3 player......well you get the point.

Thats why the itouch is so dumb. Plus the internet doesnt have flash on the itouch....so internet on a mp3 player is kinda dumb.
Um, no. Do you know how fast itouch's are selling? Exactly. I wonder what feature is making people want to buy one?

Old 11-28-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOsasu View Post

Flash will be coming soon to mobile phones before 2010. The iTouch will probably have it in an update in 2009, making it almost an internet tablet. I like Samsung MP3 players, but they need some killer features or a very competitive price to stay alive.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Wifi, and camera.

SDK!!!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggleboy711 View Post
Wifi, and camera.
now you're just making it into a phone without a contract. Honestly camera is too much to ask for. Wi-Fi yes, Camera no. If you want something with all of these features get a Nokia N810 internet tablet.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The P3 is looking fine to me, and the screen is really an improvement. As for the wi-fi, it's really a lousy idea. I briefly had a touch 2g, and connecting to the net was an iffy process. More of a waste of battery life than anything else. For all it's worth, N810, or a cheap netbook would be better. Just don't turn the P3/4 into a convergence device that can't live up to the task. It will fail then, so don't ruin a great as is device.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassassin View Post
now you're just making it into a phone without a contract. Honestly camera is too much to ask for. Wi-Fi yes, Camera no. If you want something with all of these features get a Nokia N810 internet tablet.
Yes, Why yes i am. I don't like contracts. I know few who do. If this was implimented, I'd be very tempted to just not use my phone at all because i'd have almost everything with me right there. And I'd be saving a lot of money a year. Ohh, and I believe in samsung to impliment everything they can with the greatest amount of GUI ease. They are a top of the line company with top of the line products and their P series are their best MP3's. Maybe Samsung's waiting for wi-max to impliment the feature.

The Nokia N810 is a purty sweet phone but can only hold 8gb of memory I'd have to wait for the next gen to get one but a player thats music focused with all the extras seems better than a mini-everything because i'm going to be listening more often then anything else. Or maybe a GUI that configures the settings to your needs!!!! So if Camera is the main use it will instanly start up as a camera or music or whatever you select. Now theres a good idea!!!

SDK!!!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:26 AM

Default need help badly:(

I Was Updating My Samsung P2 And It doesnt Go to main screen it keeps updating over and over plz reply

Old 11-30-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokar View Post
I Was Updating My Samsung P2 And It doesnt Go to main screen it keeps updating over and over plz reply
try reseting it. Look at the back there should be a small button with reset on it. Press that. If that doesn't help, then, I don't know what would.

BTW: Don't post in the p3 section about your p2.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Please post in the P2 section in the future:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

You should find someone to assist you w/the problem your having.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:18 AM

I live on a university campus and I would like to be able to check my schedual and calendar and keep it up to date anywhere, not just where they have campus computers. Its a matter of convenience. Wifi is important because if I want to know something I want to know it now; that said I put it at the bottom of the list because if this thing has a usable calendar, I might not even need to sink it to my computers, I can just use the mp3 player itself. Camera is asking a lot, kind of useless. Plus, with wifi, I don't have to put any of my music on the device i can just stream it through my orb keeping it at optimal processing

Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedslaveboy View Post
I live on a university campus and I would like to be able to check my schedual and calendar and keep it up to date anywhere, not just where they have campus computers. Its a matter of convenience. Wifi is important because if I want to know something I want to know it now; that said I put it at the bottom of the list because if this thing has a usable calendar, I might not even need to sink it to my computers, I can just use the mp3 player itself. Camera is asking a lot, kind of useless. Plus, with wifi, I don't have to put any of my music on the device i can just stream it through my orb keeping it at optimal processing
Thank you, this is the point I was trying to get across. Also another way wi-fi can be used is in a boring ass class.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Fixing these kinds of problems would be good. Read all the problems with the P2 and then go look at the Fuze or Sony forums. That's why I'm not holding a P2 anymore... this Samsung forum is filled with device problems!

Quote:

Old 12-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I live on a university campus and I would like to be able to check my schedual and calendar and keep it up to date anywhere, not just where they have campus computers. Its a matter of convenience. Wifi is important because if I want to know something I want to know it now;
This can be done with a mobile phone better than a mp3 player. The Touch also allows wifi connectivity with a calendar. If this capability is something you must have, try a smartphone.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, Why yes i am. I don't like contracts. I know few who do. If this was implimented, I'd be very tempted to just not use my phone at all because i'd have almost everything with me right there. And I'd be saving a lot of money a year. Ohh, and I believe in samsung to impliment everything they can with the greatest amount of GUI ease. They are a top of the line company with top of the line products and their P series are their best MP3's. Maybe Samsung's waiting for wi-max to impliment the feature.

The Nokia N810 is a purty sweet phone but can only hold 8gb of memory I'd have to wait for the next gen to get one but a player thats music focused with all the extras seems better than a mini-everything because i'm going to be listening more often then anything else. Or maybe a GUI that configures the settings to your needs!!!! So if Camera is the main use it will instanly start up as a camera or music or whatever you select. Now theres a good idea!!!
You could try a smartphone with wifi and a microSDHC slot. Buy the phone at full price (no contract renewal) or get one from ebay, get a high capacity microSDHC card (16GB are available) and use wifi as your data connection.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
You could try a smartphone with wifi and a microSDHC slot. Buy the phone at full price (no contract renewal) or get one from ebay, get a high capacity microSDHC card (16GB are available) and use wifi as your data connection.
Well, Not even the LG Dare(Which is one i wanted to get supports 16G.) And then the p2 still rivals something like that for what it actually does.

SDK!!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Well, Not even the LG Dare(Which is one i wanted to get supports 16G.) And then the p2 still rivals something like that for what it actually does.
Well, that's just one phone. I could list alot of mobile phones that support 16GB SD cards. Nokia N97, Palm Treo Pro, Palm Treo 800w, HTC touch Pro, Samsung Epix, Samsung Saga, Sony Xperia, Samsung Omnia, Blackberry Bold, and more. You can have your wifi and high capacity. Also, there's also the ipod touch and iphone. The P2/P3 are PMPs, not a PDA. Your wants can be met with a smartphone or a PDA.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 PM

I have invested hours and hours in researching mobile phones;
the HTC-Touch Diamond is the only thing currently available in NA that encompasses all of the specs i desire; the omnia is a close second but its bulky.
Furthermore I am already contracted on a GSM phone and to get the HTC-Touch Diamond I would need to get a spring CDMA version (so a new contract which Im not interested in) or pay 800 USD+ for a GSM no contract version unlocked from Best Buy. Not interested thanks too much for a phone
The P3 comes well far ahead of the Ipod touch/iphone because both fail to have built in bluetooth and the iphone will charge you 100,000$ phone bills if it connects to the 3G network and you dont have a data plan (regardless of whether or not you turn off 3G [No it doesn't work properly, no software updates dont work properly, no my service provider insists we sign a contract saying were responsible in the event it happens, no i will not risk relying on cracks for it.) P3's phone capabilities + built in bluetooth outstrip the touch dramatically, plus it is sexy; as I said earlier, with the features I listed, this thing would be a tough competitor in both the mobile phone and mp3 player markets because its like getting a new phone without a contract for a reasonable cost and having it be sexy and have all the right things in all the right places.

as I said before, camera would also be nice; but realistically a camera is not vital, and shouldn't be bothered with if it (a) disrupts or increases sleekness of design (b) is anything less than 3.0-3.2 Megapixels (c) has an adequate flash/light balancing mechanism

Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I have invested hours and hours in researching mobile phones;
the HTC-Touch Diamond is the only thing currently available in NA that encompasses all of the specs i desire; the omnia is a close second but its bulky.
Furthermore I am already contracted on a GSM phone and to get the HTC-Touch Diamond I would need to get a spring CDMA version (so a new contract which Im not interested in) or pay 800 USD+ for a GSM no contract version unlocked from Best Buy. Not interested thanks too much for a phone
The P3 comes well far ahead of the Ipod touch/iphone because both fail to have built in bluetooth and the iphone will charge you 100,000$ phone bills if it connects to the 3G network and you dont have a data plan (regardless of whether or not you turn off 3G [No it doesn't work properly, no software updates dont work properly, no my service provider insists we sign a contract saying were responsible in the event it happens, no i will not risk relying on cracks for it.) P3's phone capabilities + built in bluetooth outstrip the touch dramatically, plus it is sexy; as I said earlier, with the features I listed, this thing would be a tough competitor in both the mobile phone and mp3 player markets because its like getting a new phone without a contract for a reasonable cost and having it be sexy and have all the right things in all the right places.

as I said before, camera would also be nice; but realistically a camera is not vital, and shouldn't be bothered with if it (a) disrupts or increases sleekness of design (b) is anything less than 3.0-3.2 Megapixels (c) has an adequate flash/light balancing mechanism
Well the way I see it, you'll just have to be unsatisfied until something comes along that meets your requirements.