Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Default A compromise...

Well I finally decided to order a S639 black from amazon today great price at 85...

It will be my first Sony player since I bought a Minidisc player about 10 years ago...

I had up until this point been waiting for the Samsung P3 or the Cowon S9 32Gb versions (so I could carry my entire music collection with me) to be released but it seems that they are going to be several months away at the least, so I give up now with those units and wait for when there is a player with 64gb+, that support vorbis & flac, can create playlists on the unit, has good ui that doesn't make you have to go all over the shop just to playback music, and has dedicated application buttons (play/pause,ff,rw,vol+,vol-,hold) and is of a similar size to the s639.

It does pretty much every thing I want except support vorbis and flac and have 32gb capacity and have the ability to create your own playlists on the player.

Still I think it is going to be a great little player and as I am coming from using a Creative Nano TX which I liked because of how compact it was, the better sound quality and extra capacity should hold me over till someone actually releases a compact music player does everything I want...

I am wondering any recommendations for a slimline but removable case to put the player into?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]