android
Old 11-27-2008, 01:10 PM

Default Audio lag when playing videos

I just bought a 4GB sansa FUZE a week ago and have now watched two movies on it. With both movies I have noticed that the audio lags behind the video. THe lag seems to get bigger as time goes on. I have checked the original movie files on my computer and there doesn't seem to be a problem.
I am wondering if anyone else experiences this, or if maybe its a problem with my specific player and I should exchange it.
THanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2008, 01:23 PM

It's the problem with the converter, not the player.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:31 PM

I have had the same problem with every video ive done
Does anyone know of any converters that ork with sansa fuze that wont lag audio

Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekfan42 View Post
I have had the same problem with every video ive done
Does anyone know of any converters that ork with sansa fuze that wont lag audio
Sometime this week there is supposed to be a firmware update, which could theoretically affect the video conversion process, so don't be in too much of a rush

Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM

FWIW audio lag is somewhat common in the more compressed video formats like H263 (Fuze) & H264. IN theory *IF* you encode the video to avi with 1 frame interleaving, & use all discreet frames this is less a problem... video taken from the Fuze I borrowed didn't use all discreet frames, or 1 frame interleaving, so it may be it's nature. Audio going out of sync also has to do with the video processing electronics on stand-alone hardware -- as posted, if there's a firmware update this may be fixed.

TO get an idea which is causing your problems, you might want to copy the video from your Fuze to your hard drive & play it -- don't skip ahead, because then many (most?) players will go out of sync, at least that's my experience with the H264 I usually use elsewhere. IF it doesn't start to lag on your PC, the problem's probably the Fuze -- If it does, it's IMHO the PITA SMC.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sometime this week there is supposed to be a firmware update, which could theoretically affect the video conversion process, so don't be in too much of a rush
Same problem here, and I've only converted two videos. I checked the new firmware release notes, and don't see anything about fixing that.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzegurl View Post
I just bought a 4GB sansa FUZE a week ago and have now watched two movies on it. With both movies I have noticed that the audio lags behind the video. THe lag seems to get bigger as time goes on. I have checked the original movie files on my computer and there doesn't seem to be a problem.
I am wondering if anyone else experiences this, or if maybe its a problem with my specific player and I should exchange it.
THanks.
It's not the player it's the conversion method. I went through the same frustration as you when I got my player and through time experimented with different methods, etc. What works for me is starting with an .avi video file first then converting it to .mov (with MediaCoder or Oxelon media converter), and then running it through SMC. Make sure you have the free Apple Quicktime installed also for this process to work. All the video that I've done this way has no A/V syncing problems. Good luck!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC