android
Old 11-30-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
No idea what I'm doing wrong. Seems simple enough. Hell...I'm trying to move videos over to the Fuze and the formats are listed as types to convert but they are failing. No reason given. A few I did transfer are rotated so I have to turn the Fuze to watch them.
you should not have to rotate your Fuze at all. I just converted an old Bernie Mac episode and I watched it yesterday...oriented correctly!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Weird, the SMC for the Fuze seems to play the videos that I have just fine but several it cannot convert or it shifts the rotation. Worked fine with the SMC for the e200.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Weird, the SMC for the Fuze seems to play the videos that I have just fine but several it cannot convert or it shifts the rotation. Worked fine with the SMC for the e200.
I guess with the new SMC it depends on what's plugged into it governs how its converted...Fuze vs. e200's. I have found though that it seems to like the .mov format. At least I havent had any problems with it so far.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Well, as I stated previous. The ArcSoft apparently is for the e200 and the InterVideo for the Fuze. Intervideo recognizes the Fuze and ArcSoft recognizes the e200. So the difference seems to be in the software.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Well, as I stated previous. The ArcSoft apparently is for the e200 and the InterVideo for the Fuze. Intervideo recognizes the Fuze and ArcSoft recognizes the e200. So the difference seems to be in the software.
but the new SMC (Intervideo) also recongizes the e200's. It has to otherwise all of us e200 users would have nothing to convert our video..??

Old 11-30-2008, 08:16 PM

You're right. So apparently Sandisk switched to InterVideo for the SMC and dropped Arcsoft. I had been using ArcSoft in the past and hadn't done any converting for a while. Just picked up the Fuze so playing with it. Hmm...

Checking out something called iOrgSoft Video Converter. Recommended at the Sansa Forum site.

Ha...now that I know I can use the InterVideo SMC I just converted a movie over to the e200 that will not transfer to the Fuze. WTF.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You're right. So apparently Sandisk switched to InterVideo for the SMC and dropped Arcsoft. I had been using ArcSoft in the past and hadn't done any converting for a while. Just picked up the Fuze so playing with it. Hmm...

Checking out something called iOrgSoft Video Converter. Recommended at the Sansa Forum site.

Ha...now that I know I can use the InterVideo SMC I just converted a movie over to the e200 that will not transfer to the Fuze. WTF.
SbMongoos...check out my post http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34130

The example I give is for divx files but you can use it for other compatible Sansa formats.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:28 PM

Sux, seems I can only convert MOV over to the Fuze.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Sux, seems I can only convert MOV over to the Fuze.
you'll have quite a time converting all your video over to MOV?....

Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
you'll have quite a time converting all your video over to MOV?....
I stand corrected. Not only MOV but having inconsistencies lets say. Doesn't make sense as I can move the videos I have over to the e200 but have issues with with various movies converting over to the Fuze.

If this is the case this is a deal breaker. Otherwise known as a refund.

Drag too as the e200 v1 has been problematic for me. I've two of them as well. Tried the RockBox as well and had issues also. Maybe I need to try an iPod?

Last edited by SBMongoos; 11-30-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected. Not only MOV but having inconsistencies lets say. Doesn't make sense as I can move the videos I have over to the e200 but have issues with with various movies converting over to the Fuze.

If this is the case this is a deal breaker. Otherwise known as a refund.
Try not to be hasty in your decision. Try ***** and see how it works for you. I've found it to be very easy for my Fuze. All my e200's are v1's so I use Rockbox and WinFF. So easy any one of the 3 stooges could use it...

Edit: I have used ***** for my e200's too and it has worked. Just take a day and experiment...:-)

Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Try not to be hasty in your decision. Try ***** and see how it works for you. I've found it to be very easy for my Fuze. All my e200's are v1's so I use Rockbox and WinFF. So easy any one of the 3 stooges could use it...

Edit: I have used ***** for my e200's too and it has worked. Just take a day and experiment...:-)
I hear ya but to convert to convert, etc, to get it onto my player seems like a clunky process. You know anything about this iOrgSoft Video Converter?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:12 PM

Okay, I updated the K-Lite Code Pack and this may have resolved the conversion of some of these videos to the Fuze. I just converted one that would not convert earlier.

Still need to figure out the rotation.

Oh ya... why is it when I help someone else I'm methodical and figure out the problem. When I help myself I get in a hurry and don't typically follow the same path I mentioned above. Someone slap me!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 AM

Not sure if the problem is solved or not. Just tried to convert an Mpeg and it failed. What's the max movie length you can convert for a Fuze? I tried an MPeg-1 that is 1hr 39min and then one that was only 30s. Both failed.

Last edited by SBMongoos; 12-01-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:

What's your process with WinFF? Choose a movie and convert to? Drop it right onto the Fuze or then use SMC to convert and move it over? What settings?

Thanks...

Old 12-02-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
What's your process with WinFF? Choose a movie and convert to? Drop it right onto the Fuze or then use SMC to convert and move it over? What settings?

Thanks...
WinFF does not work with the Fuze because it doesn't support mpeg. When I said WinFF I meant it for the e200 Rockboxed players. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
WinFF does not work with the Fuze because it doesn't support mpeg. When I said WinFF I meant it for the e200 Rockboxed players. Sorry for the confusion.
Why is my process failing so often? This should be essentially a stupid proof process. It's easy enough to do but fails. Thought I had it fixed after getting the latest K-Lite Pack but the problems persist. I should be able to pick a video type (that's on the SMC list that can be converted) and simply convert it and then watch it on the Fuze. I can do so with the e270. So it seems there's an issue with the Fuze and SMC. Nice!

I need some ideas because I keep hitting dead ends. Thought I may be able to get some answers here in the forum.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM

Default A strange tale of SMC & e200's

This is related to the subject of this thread, but only confuses things more.

I have the old Arcsoft version of Samsung Media Converter (SMC) and it works with version 1 e200's. I see no feature to rotate videos, but they are in what I would call the correct rotation (the long dimension of the video corresponds to the long dimension of the screen) although that does mean that you have to turn the e200 sideways.

Ok, fine.

But, this evening I was repairing a version 2 e200. The Arcsoft SMC won't even recognize it. At all, period.

So I installed the latest, non-Arcsoft version of SMC (during installation at one point it said it was written by Corel). Well, it recognizes the v2 e200 and does the conversion. But the orientation is COMPLETELY wrong. The video's long dimension is across the short dimension of the screen AND IT IS UPSIDE DOWN. That is, you have to turn the player 180 degrees, e.g. upside down.

I see no option to rotate the video with either version of SMC. Further, the "new" version of SMC does not recognize a number of the media formats that I want to download. Among those, it won't convert or download a .vob file from a DVD (unencrypted; and the Arcsoft version handles it just fine, thank you ... ON A VERSION 1 e200, that is).

WHAT A MESS.

One other thing about the version 2 players .... many of my songs have the album artwork encoded right into the song. The version 1 player is fine with that. But the version 2 players are not, they won't show the album artwork.

CONCLUSION: The version 2 e200 players are inferior to the version 1 players.