android
Old 12-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Default what fm transmitter to use with Pilot

First, I do not have bluetooth in the car (or would just use that great feature). I have an FM transmitter, but don't want to use it again, for fear it will screw up my earphone jack (I have gone through 2 Sansa e260Rs because of earphone jack malfunction, and I really think it is the transmitter causing it). I plugged my Pilot into it today (also need to note here that I do have the transmitter hooked to a adapter to pull power out of power port to run it) and thought I had screwed it up as well. No sound, so grabbed a pair of earphones and nothing. Carp! By the time I got home to get the receipt to take back to the store (just bought it yesterday), the dang Pilot was working fine (glad I tried it again before taking it back to BB).

So, now I am not going to be using that transmitter (it was a $20 Belkin). Is there one that you can recommend, that isn't messing with your earphone jack? Or, recommendations on systems to make my car bluetooth ready (I have a Toyota - but do not have RCA inputs in the radio, as it is a stock radio).

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2008, 01:15 PM

I have never been happy with any FM transmitters that I have used. If you want to get a bluetooth kit, I would recommend the Parrot MK6100, also be sure that the kit is a2dp compatible for streaming music. Most bluetooth car kits are just for connecting your phone.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Insignia Moderator

The most reliable one I've used to date is Best Buy's Dynex DX-FMDC1. Unfortunately, it was discontinued for some reason...although you can still find it on ebay. But it was made by Aerielle, a company who builds transmitters for dozens of other companies, so I'm sure any of these transmitters perform just as good as the Dynex: http://www.aerielle.com/index.asp?page=products

Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 PM

Unhappy Dynex DX-MP3FM. Not so great.

I just received a Dynex DX-MP3FM from eBay. It's cute and was only $5.

Testing on FM reciever in the house: I have to turn the Pilot volume above 30 to get it very loud. The sound quality is muffled. Setting the Pilot Equalizer to "Pop" helps a bit.

Testing on FM radio in the car: higher fidelity than in the house. Sounds best with EQ on Normal. Music is listenable and voice is good. I mostly listen to voice podcasts in the car so maybe it will do.

Last edited by AnitaBath; 12-09-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: clarity achieved by the avoidance of ambiguity

Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Insignia Moderator

Yeah, those were horrible transmitters

Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Thumb Up Say hello to the new boss…

I've been using a Dynex DX-MP3FM for about a month and hating it more every day.

I just eBayed a Dynex DX-FMDC1 and it puts out a much stronger signal. I did notice very soft pulsing buzz when using the built-in usb charger.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 PM

Default FM Transmitter with Pilot: MOTOROKR™ T505

MOTOROKR™ T505 Bluetooth® In-Car Speakerphone with Digital FM Transmitter
It works! Excellent! I tried others - took them all back for refund. I was not going to try this but the sales person said it really worked, and he was correct.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/T505/

Good thing is it can be used outside the car also as a portable speaker.

Cheers!

Jmm

Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM

I use :http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.625 It is a great little transmitter. I use the cigarette lighter adapter with it and have no problems. I even have it set on a local station which it blocks when on. This way I don't hear static when the player is turned off. The only thing I have noticed is that the volume on the Pilot needs to be turned up higher than when I use headphones.